1991 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X

Re:

He has :cool:

Work got in the way but I have unpacked her and she's looking good.

The steerer seems a bit short so I'm going to have to have a rummage around and see what I've got. If. I thing suitable it will be a phone call to Pace in the morning to see if they have anything...

Re:

Small update on this and apologies for the rubbish pics, I took them on my phone.

Still waiting for the wheels to come back but its all there – nearly!

Campagnolo Record mechs, XTR seat post, Flite saddle, LX brakes with XTR shoes, Hyperlite bar, DX upside down shifters, ODI grips and Specialized Dirt Rodz bar ends. XTR cranks with one Tioga chainring (looking for more to really finish off the build).

Hopefully I'll get the wheels back early next week and Il get the rest of the kit on and finish her off – after far too long :oops:

Re: 1991 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.X

Thats going to look like a great rebuild, I'm going to wait for the finished result and the steal some of your ideas on the items you have placed on her. :twisted:
Glad to say my DB is riding like a dream and I'm well up for a London to Brighton run if it comes off.

Handy hint. When working on a lightweight steel frame clamp the bike in the workstand by the seat post. Do that and you'll never run the risk of damaging a thin-walled frame tube. ;)

one_bad_mofo":268ev5wi said:
Handy hint. When working on a lightweight steel frame clamp the bike in the workstand by the seat post. Do that and you'll never run the risk of damaging a thin-walled frame tube. ;)
You don't have to worry about that, its being looked after...

Back