F1...its a farce!

To be honest I thought it was Hamilton's fault. He didn't back off enough, he should not overtake at the very next corner, it was asking for trouble.

I thought it was a fair result. And I don't like the poncy horse car. He gained an advantage. :roll:

I thought it was a fair result. And I don't like the poncy horse car. He gained an advantage.
An advantage over a driver that stuffed it into a wall and had no reflection in the results anyway !??!! Yes... Very fair Id say

He gained an advantage

He momentarily gained an advantage due to the error or to avoid an incident, subsequently conceding the place and then carried on racing. It did not impact the final placings at all. How can an arbitary 25 sec penalty be appropriate placed after the result? Had this been announced during the race, LH may have been able to extend his lead to still come in first.

I am not an F1 or LH fan, but this was ridiculous and another reason not to watch it.

it was completely ridicloulous,he gained an advantage and then gave it straight back again as the rules say you must,he then passed from the other side so must have been completely behind him,he then made a mistake and went to second then raik spun off and crashed on his own accord.the tiny incident at the corner is totaaly irrelavent to the final result.and where the hell do they get 25 seconds from?? enough to make him 3rd,the only reason the idiots have done it is to close the championship standings to 2 points to make the remainder of the season more interesting to watch where as in actual fact they have acieved the exact opposite....

I watched the race and thought the last 10 laps were fantastic, Ok the cutting corner at the bus stop was done and was the lead handed back as the rules state.

What if LH hit Kimi :?: , Im sure he would have been demoted 10 places next race if he did.

What if there was no over run section on corner :?: , another crash , a pileup , Red flag or a dosing of saftey car.

I think the right thing was done by the drivers and the final result now is a farce, It was such a memorable race whilst waching live and now is memorable for all the wrong resons.

I have to see it again, but I think the distance between KR and LH was larger before the chicane. LH did let RK pass after the chicane, true, but the distance was smaller then. This gave LH the chance to overtake in the next corner.

It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth as well, but the decision is not SOOO pro Ferrari as many may think.

I really have to see it again for a final decision. I think the marshals did watch it over and over again to do so.

OK, I youtubed it.

No, I am totally wrong. You know what LH did wrong? He did not let Kimi just pass. No, he stayed on the dry line full on, just before the next corner Kimi had to switch from the wet to the dry line onto the ideal line which, whereas LH just kept going. I think that was the crucial moment for the marshals. LH did not really have the intention to give back his position. At least, he did it in a very unmotivated manner. Kimi could only pass him in a way that he HAD to lose it again in the next corner.

So, IF LH had to give back his first position because of cutting the chicane (which is another discussion), then I think it´s not so strange that he got a penalty, really...

Yeah, the penalty was deserved. It's the second time this year Hamilton has fallen foul of this cutting the corner thing, he really needs to learn to take the rule more seriously.

Back