Motorbike project: 1991 Honda CRM250

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
i was looking to buy an old scrambler/supermoto bike to commute while having a bit of fun on, so i bought this 1991 honda

and after some cleaning/fettling

its got a way to come yet though...

Attachments

• IMG_5895.JPG
    IMG_5895.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 6,632
  • DSC_0889bsmall.jpg
    DSC_0889bsmall.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 6,632
Re: Re:

andyz":crup8o5k said:
Great bikes these, do you have the off-road wheels for it too?
no unfortunately. it would have been good to own both set of wheels, but ive only got the supermoto ones. i thought about converting it back to mx when i bought the bike but i think id prefer the way it looks now

sean

Re:

These plastics were delivered last week, they have been repainted badly from the original white into 2 different shades of red... But now that i have the rear mudguard ive been after, the rest will probably be kept as spares

The two mudguards are a different fit, even though they are from the same bike/ model. It looks like its gonna need a bit of altering before it fits

The erm 'tail tidy' is just a tail piece which has been hacked off another bike and was screwed onto the mudguard using plastic number plate screws... Nothing like doing the job properly is there? :LOL:

i stripped the old paint with cheap wilko value paint remover, and filled the holes with mitre bond (a strong super glue with activator spray) then sanded level

and after 5 coats of primer... it'll be painted black after ive drilled new holes into it

Latest posts

Back