Retrobike peaks meet 2008 - aftermath thread

Ace weekend chaps, really glad the weather played ball ;) It could have been so much worse.
Brilliant route Neil, i thought it was better than last years. Was good to see more faces/bikes athough i'm having problems with names/faces :oops:
Also, how that many riders on old bikes got away with next to no mechanicals is beyond me :?

Oh, and i think we should also give British cycling a shout for lending us
the awesome Liam the killer kileen to ride round with us ;) :LOL:

Great day out. Thanks to Neil for his excellent (as ever) organistaion and route planning and God for being kind with the weather. Good to see such a fine turnout despite the dangerous weather warnings.

Looking forward to checking out P20s flikr pics and Neils efforts also.

Thanks to all for not taking the quiz seriously so I could retain my 'anal crown'. I may not have been first up any of the climbs but at least I can triumph in the pub quiz.

Even managed to nip out with Ed "Pain Cave" Edwards for a jaunt over Hollins Cross this morning.

See you all for the next event...

Wow,

what a turn out - looks like an awesome ride.

Gutted I was another no show.

Great pics. And what a panorama!

:cool:

heres my pics,not as good as the rest n wish id taken loads more :roll:
DSC01057.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

2836123684_dbc4cd05d4.jpg

My highpoint! cheers for the pic, I didn't care about getting my tootsies wet after that. :cool: :LOL: Great pics in general BTW. :cool: I had camera but no time to get the fugger out so great to have the flickr recording as well at t'others on here! :D

It was an awesome day, the people I met before and after and specially those who hung out with me at the back and cowered at the top of the slippery downhill with me! I have remembered but a few names, so don't be surprised if I re ask your name next time! :D

Thanks to ALL (i did) and really great to meet you. but specially Mark Sinnett who delivered me and invited me there, 'The Neill'! :LOL: who kept me company on the final push (literally) up the ridge, and nice guy Ed who seemed to hang back to council me through it on the big last slog when my brain was rattling around in my head from severe exhaustion. And the very busy organiers, Mr K namely IIRC. :)

i was b0rked at teh end and not so sociable and not a lot of use that evening! :roll: :LOL: soz about that!

Cheers guys, you made it worth me turning up next time.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

LOL :LOL:

Told ya I was B0rked,

wondered if I was gonna give up all together yesterday TBH. :?

But I'm researching another bike right now! :D and some training!

Fantastic pics there and looked good fun, wish I was there with you all, maybe I will give it a go next year. Cheers for sharing pics here.

Back