Bianchi. But what year?

Bry

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

New to the forum, so thought I'd introduce myself and my bike. It's my first project.

I picked up this Bianchi on eBay last month and am having trouble tracking down what model and year it is. It has been left in a garage collecting dust as it was owned from new by the sellers father who sadly pasted away a few years ago. He had intentions of keeping and using it, but never did.

I had an idea of it being late '70s. It has Huret front and rear derailleurs and from what I've found online they look to be Club II front and Eco rear - both from late '70s-early '80s. Cranks are stamped Bianchi.

Frame number is 1D05991 stamped on the head tube.

I've not seen another Bianchi with Huret gear, so not sure if they're original or not.

Anyway, here are some photos.

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

I can take pics of the parts if needed.

Thanks

Bry

it looks like very similar to my Bianchi Rekird 745 of 1974... but probably your was a better model...or they've mounted a better crankset... on my bike there was an old 3-arms campy crankset, but the lugs and the dropouts (especially the interface between oblique seatsays and dropouts) are quite identical...
try to have a look ;)

Hi mattiamerca,

Thanks for the reply and apologies for my late one - I've been a very busy boy with work!

I'm still convinced its late 70s due to the braze on cable guides on the top tube. After a lot of googling I did find another Bianchi with Huret derailleurs, so they could be original.

I haven't touched the bike since I bought it, I'll get started on it in the new year, promise!

Hello. You can be quite sure it's from late 70's. I showed your pictures to person that was bike mechanic in that times and 100% told your bike is from that age.
He didnt recognize precisely model but its quite good quality

Re:

Thanks.

I did find images of an identical bike which was listed as 1973 Bianchi Imola.

I stripped down, cleaned and regreased the front wheel yesterday - so I've made a start on it!

Back