My 96 16" GT LTS DH, update 30/8/08

Geoff":1ui66nrc said:
O/T but what happened to Eddie the Head? Did he screw somebody on the classifieds or something?

Lovely LTS btw!

look back to last months bike of the month....

Got my LTS back together yesterday, it's only taken me
six months but i've been distracted by other stuff,
(damned for sale section :LOL: ) still not 100% finished,
needs brake pads and a hose for the rear brake (always felt the hose on it was too short), still going to give it a ride round the block later though :cool:

Frame was stripped and checked for cracks (none found), bushes checked, forks were rebuilt and repainted, replaced headset, stem, bottom bracket,
cassette, chain, chainring, rear shock mounts,
rear mech hanger, tyres, also replaced the STX rapidfire shifter
with a DX thumbie.

Was intending a more Retro rebuild but i've still ended up with
a few modern bits on it, going to be going for a long cage XT rear
mech to replace the Deore one though, also ging to get a new BETD brace for the forks.

ltsdone.jpg

looks nice, i prefer the DH version of the LTS over the normal design, but that stem doesnt half look long :shock:

mattbrown":3jtxop3k said:
that stem doesnt half look long :shock:

I know, it's a 140mm job, it had a 90mm X-lite fly stem on it when i got it but i hate short stems, always used at least 135mm ones.

The bars are OTT too at 29" :shock: but they have been on the bike seven years.

With the wide bars and the long stem steering should be a bit slow but i've found it not too bad

Have plenty of photos from Mags back in the day of Nico's LTS with Judy DH that's the way to do an LTS....

Superb , But have to say the stem is all wrong for me ...Azonic shorty is the way forward!!

Tell me about your rear disc mounting??

Well i came to my senses the other day and stuck a decent stem and bars on it (120mm stem and Azonic risers)

Tryed fitting a front mech but it was miles out, i think the outer chain ring is too small for it at 40T , requiring the mech to be too far down the seat tube on the bend :? , scrapped the idea of a front mech now, just going for a bigger middle ring (36T to replace the 32T on just now), should work fine with the 11-32 cassette i'm running.

Will post pics of the rear brake latter Daj, bike is in the garage and it's chucking it down at the moment :)

First off road ride on Sunday, still managed to keep it clean though :LOL:

ltsbraes.jpg

Ohh, you cant beat a shiny, ball burnished GT :cool:

Good job there!

I'm not usually a fan of DH bikes, but the LTS-DH's are classics ;)

Back