Raleigh Special Products Metal Matrix Road Bike

bikemeister2000

Retro Guru
Just some pics of my Raleigh Special Products Metal matrix Road bike.

The main tubes are XMT100 which is an Aluminium, whisker re-enforced with silicon carbide. It was sourced from BP Metal Composites of Farnborough

DSCF3127.jpg

DSCF3128.jpg

DSCF3129.jpg

DSCF3130.jpg

DSCF3131.jpg

DSCF3132.jpg

DSCF3133.jpg

DSCF3134.jpg

Nice. How does the ride differ from other Dynas? I wish I had that groupset on my bike rather than the Crapnagolo that is on it.

Utterly gorgeous
I'm sure I saw this in the Dynatexh catalogue as a Cronos

I've got an XMT Metal Matrix Dyna-Tech wich I've finished as a Fignon 1989 replica.
All C-Record Group set, heres a couple of photos of it being built but still missing some of it's decals.
From what I can find out there seems to be many more Metal Matrix Mountain bike Frames & hardly any Road ones?
The only thing the Pi$$ me off is the pump peg on the head tube.
I did think about cutting it off but was advised by a mate who was a raleigh 5 star dealer to leave it on as that are quite a rare frame.
I will have to get some proper photos done now it finished.

Attachments

• IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,143
  • IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,142
  • IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,142
stringfellow1946":353un5fd said:
I've got an XMT Metal Matrix Dyna-Tech wich I've finished as a Fignon 1989 replica.
All C-Record Group set, heres a couple of photos of it being built but still missing some of it's decals.
From what I can find out there seems to be many more Metal Matrix Mountain bike Frames & hardly any Road ones?
The only thing the Pi$$ me off is the pump peg on the head tube.
I did think about cutting it off but was advised by a mate who was a raleigh 5 star dealer to leave it on as that are quite a rare frame.
I will have to get some proper photos done now it finished.

Thanks for showing this would like to see more pictures.
Beautiful and very very rare - I've only ever seen one and that's this bike which I don't think has the pump peg.

Raleigj were probably pushing MTBs at this time perhaps? And weren't selling many in any case. I heard the 5 str dealers were content selling lower end bikes and no one else could sell them. A shame as they'd probably still be around now but alas all history now.

Back