10 years of Evolution

sniperworks

Dirt Disciple
(warning low retro content)

I could not resist buying a other SID, for some reason I just love these forks together with early gen Judy's

I have this one for a while now, and celebrating it's 10th birthday :D:
pbpic2443206.jpg

Near the end of the '07 season several Pro's where riding with a special edition of the SID WC, like our Gold medal winner:
sid-sondermodell.jpg

When I saw it I was like, man I would love to have one of those, classic looking but with modern tech, But then I found out that it would not be sold.

Luckily Ebay exists and if you search long enough you might find something:
SID Worldcup 10th anniversary:
pbpic2443210.jpg

I asked the seller who used the forks, all he could tell me is that it was someone riding for the Subaru/Gary Fisher team,
Because of that it's used and thus has some wear on it (and the safety drop-outs are removed.

And a pic with the new and the original side by side:
pbpic2443209.jpg

LTS biker created his own verion of the 10th anniversary for his Trek 9900 by mixing a SID 98 and a '04 SID WC :

Rock%20Shox%2098%20WC%201.jpg

Have to say I am very happy with this addition to the collection.

Possibly the nicest looking XC fork, on a par with the RC 36 Proclass.

Did they make that blue SID with a 1" steerer at any point, or is it possible to add a 1 " crown/ steerer to the SID?

I seen 1' SID's on Ebay, they pretty rare, and because of that they are not very cheap, especially if in good condition.
But if you can find one with bad lowers you can always change them with a good pair of a 1 1/8 version.

So yes they are made :cool:

If I am not mistaken (I weight the 98 a while ago and the data has been lost, have to weight them both again) the 98 is 1125g.
Haven't put the new one on the scale yet, but I read it was about 1400g. so a rather big difference.

It because it's stiffer but also because of the internals (motion control etc.)

Re: Nu Skool

mrkawasaki":kwm5jlvf said:
A one inch SID in action...

Mr K

They look too light a shade of blue for that. If I were you I'd cast them aside ;)

Seriously if you do want to dispose of them let me know.

Re: Nu Skool

mrkawasaki":2f8av2xq said:
A one inch SID in action...

Mr K

That is the dual air '99 model, looks a bit different blue, but haven't had one before :)
Also nice btw.

I got this last week, long travel SID, NOS
Just testing it on the Merlin frame, not good... :roll:
sidi.jpg

Back