Diamondback Apex build

The decals came with the bike from new, but I agree, it might be good to remove the DBR decals, I seem to remember the right hand one is faded a lot.

About the paint, I agree, and this is one of the best colours I've seen on a frame.

Re:

Yeah, I was deviating alot with my paint choices. Not sure how to go about getting a colour match though or who to turn to...??
The nail varnish I nicked from the Mrs is a good match to be fair, so will stick with that for now to touch the rest up until the cash is around to get it done! Build wise, I've secured a saddle, it's just a cassette and chain :)

As a DB fan, I'm another vote for keep the original paintwork.

I have a 96 WCF 4.0 and a 96 Axis R. Both full M739 builds. This will look good with full LX. The earlier models all came with LX

What is the frame material? TT Lite? If so, you need a 27.0 seatpost

Re:

Yes, that'll be a TT Lite frame but with the later 'Cro-mo' fork which I actually prefer to the earlier fancier triple butted one which I find a little too flexy.

Horses for courses, I'm not the racing whippet they had in mind when they spec'd the triple butted fork in '95!

i'll be removing the DBR racing decal from the frame (although i may get an artwork file made from this as per the other decals) just in case i want to ressurect it after i've recoated it [one day in the furture]

aside from that, i have a purchase update...

foto-UUNTLGMF.jpg

...is on its way from the Nether-regions courtesy of the very patient Stumpjumper1990 ;)

i have to say, im quite excited about this part. not sure why. but it just looks so bloody lovely and against the subtle champagne gold of the seatpost, i think it'll look very pleasant.

secured a very low mileage, 8 speed cassette today which should clean up and look like new (cant source/afford a NOS HG70 8 Speed cassette at the mo :( ) but when im this close to getting something that is rideable and decent, im willing to sacrifice a little NOS to gain a bike i've been waiting far too long to ride again!

i think i just need a chain and possibly some extra gear/brake cable which im sure i have enough in spares for. then its done :shock:

Pyro Tim":3tz5t0kj said:
As a DB fan, I'm another vote for keep the original paintwork.

I have a 96 WCF 4.0 and a 96 Axis R. Both full M739 builds. This will look good with full LX. The earlier models all came with LX

What is the frame material? TT Lite? If so, you need a 27.0 seatpost

not sure about the Lite bit, but this is all that remains of the sticker that would carry that info i imagine:

seat%20tube_01_zps576waslo.jpg

EDIT: ive found this, but its not identical:
a2079151398ce13e4c8de5_m__59937.1412204574.380.380.jpg

Re:

that's interesting, '95 was TT Lite for sure and I thought my '97 was, could be the old memory playing tricks, so assumed yours would be too.

Can't imagine they'd change it for one year but stranger things have happened!
I'll have a dig through the old catalogues to satisfy my curiosity and lack of knowledge now!

I know the 94 and 96 Axis were TT Lite, and I assumed that the 96 Apex would too, as it's the same tubing as the Axis in 94 and I thought it was in 95 too.

Jango will find out ;)

Back