Bristol Bike Jumble photos!

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
First off, a BIG thanks to Jerry at Mud Dock for letting us host the event there every month. Please click on the pictures to make them bigger.

The Prizes went down a treat!! ( I'll be doing that again! )

Bargain of the day was this ancient alu Peugeot which went for...£20!!

Loads and LOADS of bargain.

For the record, the Manitou and tiny steel Stumpjumper frames went for £15...for the pair.

XC, fixie, BMX. Everyone turned up.

There was plenty of space for Pugsley parking.

Totally confused.

Why would someone sell both those frames for only £15 the pair?

Peugeot was a total giveaway too...

:?

Just don't get the prices - people at bike jumbles are either traders or enthusiasts and have rough ideas of the worth of things - why give them away for way below market value?

The manitou had a cracked headtube and they had both been taking room in my cupboard doing nothing for ages....and it saved putting them back in the car :)

Was a nice little event, not sure if i'll make the next one, But I picked up a Flite ti for a decent price and a 9spd block to go on my KHS.

Ahh, no-one mentioned the crack! Would have had that Stumpy off you - been advertising for a small steel frame for ages...

:roll:

the manitou and the stumpy are sitting in my living room right now

the stumpy is being built up by my cousin for his mrs, and the manitou will be going on my wall, assuming i can resist the urge to ride it (on the road, once only)

my cousin is pleased as punch with his peugeot too.

Jerky - i took the BB out of the manitou (it was a pov-spec shimano BBCS-21) and it weighed nearly as much as the frame itself!

i still think the most amazing event of the day was TWO surly pugsleys in one place, both the same colour

Well done that man. Been no bike jumbles round this way (London/Essex) since March or so...

:cry:

oh and i had a brief spin on a pugsley too.... the rear feels like an XC FS bike. the less said about the steering the better, but great fun!

Back