26" x 11/4" tyres

Losgaintir

Devout Dirtbag
Can anyone offer any guidance, as to where to source vaguely 1950,s looking 26" x 1/1/4" tyres.
I have carried out a bit of an internet search and whilst I have located some, there does not seem to be much choice
Is this correct and will I have to go with what I have found, or are there Aladdins Caves, brimful of older sized tyres, if you happen to know where they are?
Colin

Re:

Try Madgetts Cycles in Diss, Norfolk. Mick is really helpful and knowledgeable. He can get or has spokes, tyres, inner tubes ect. 26 x 1 1/8 look better if you can get them.

Simon

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Schwalbe make a quality tyre and they have a version in 26 x 1 1/4". Try Spa Cycles, SJS Cycles, E-bay etc. Be sure to get the right size as there are lots of tyres described as 26" including the standard mtb tyre. 597 is the key Ertro number you want on the tyre. Also check your inner tube valve type. Could be Presta or Woods.

I am also looking to source 26 x 1 1/4 tyres. To look right I want amber walled and as light as posssible. The Raleigh ones look a bit agricultural on a racer. I have looked on the Interner but can find nothing suitable. Any ideas?

There is not a lot of choice out there in this obsolete size so you really have to accept what you can find. This I would say is the best offer at the moment.

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php ... 6s122p1621

I have used these Schwalbes and they are fine and here at a bargain price.The ones I have do have an amber wall but not clear whether those in Spa's listing do. Best check with them. Even if all black I would still get them while you can.

Re:

As before contact Mick at Maddgets Cycles in Diss, Norfolk. He's on FB also. He can get sizes still. Really helpful and keeps alot of old size parts like spokes and inner tubes.

Simon

Back