1991 Brodie Climbmax

j0nnyr0cket

Devout Dirtbag
Grabbed this from RockiMtn earlier this week. Just started to clean it up a bit and decide what route to take. I'm kind of leaning toward just clearcoating the frame as-is. There's a few scars here and there, little chain suck but everything is just cosmetic from 24 years of riding. The M2's are in real need of a rebuild but I think rigid is the way to go anyway. Too bad the struts are 1 1/8, anyone wanna swap for a 1 inch threaded or a set of P2's? Full XT (735) groupo I think, have syncros stem and bar etc.
To paint or not to paint...

Attachments

• IMG_20151023_1.jpg
    IMG_20151023_1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_20151023_2.jpg
    IMG_20151023_2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_20151023_3.jpg
    IMG_20151023_3.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 912
Just received confirmation on the serial number from Paul Brodie.
"..18" tig welded climbmax completed 13/09/1990"

Great buy :)

What's the serial number on it? I never had my 1991 checked. The original owner said it was a 1991 so I took him at his word.

Yeah, so a build date of mid Sept '90 to yours is 75 frames, I would guess late 90, early 91. But who knows how fast Paul was churning them out by that time.

Re:

My green/white climbMax is #1014. It was built in Feb. 1990.
That means 301 frames in 8 months if you count all of Feb and Sept.
Have to remember Paul had welder Mike Truelove and possibly Chris Cooney
building frames with him as well. Not sure when Chris joined. That is why
I have said before, yes it's a brodie but not necessarily built by Paul.

Roy, dont start that over here too!! If i wanted to beat that dead horse I'd post in "calling all Brodie fans" ;)
But anyways..think I should repaint? If it was anything but black I don't think I would even consider it but if I can get main decals from Jimbotoad, save the art dept and seat tube ones I will re do the frame

Re:

ha ha sorry about that one. old habits die hard. :facepalm:
looks like a good rider to me. i'd save my money and wouldn't paint.
but i hear ya on the black though. paint it red and white.

Re:

Must have been one of the last ones with the 1" head tube John. My old Sovereign was built December 1990 and was one of the first to have 1 1/8" head tube.
Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Back