Vitus 992 Frameset SOLD

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Sadly this stunning frame is a tad too big for me, sorather begrudgingly offered to someone a bit taller than me!

Limited edition Maillot Jeune Yellow edition of the famous 992 frameset-first frame with an integral internal lower race headset. Aluminium bonded and screwed frame with only a few minor marks to the original finish Size is Vitus 52, but they come up quite large 54 ctt seat tube and 54 centre to centre top tube.
Sale is for frame and fork/headset, two Vitus seat posts, one as shown and the other the same but with more layback, both as new, also included is a Campag sq taper BB, front mech and new 3ttt quill stem. I have a nice set of Shimano/Sun Black hubbed training wheels would suit it for a little more.
Ride is very compliant and fast, builds up into a really light build and if they were good enough for Sean Kelly! Frames date from 1992 (hence 992model) tube sets are ovoid formed, (not round like the 979) no damage or cracks etc and these were known for being a tough, but compliant frame, ridden to many classic and Pave victories.
Looking for £270 posted The two Vitus seatposts and stem actually cost me this alone!

I would also swap for the following parts needed listed below to the value of above:

Campagnolo Carbon Ergo's 9/10/11 speed
or Sram red 10/11 speed Brifters

9/10/11 Cassette 12-25 11-28 range

F & R brakes, Record/Sram Red/ etc

Record/Sram/Fulcrum/FSA light Chainset/BB

Modern ish lightweight wheelset.

Re:

The head tube cable guides are unusual, are they original? They look right anyway. Vitus frames ride so nicely don’t they.

Re: Re:

Vetus Ossa":2vspw5lr said:
The head tube cable guides are unusual, are they original? They look right anyway. Vitus frames ride so nicely don’t they.

Yes original, most French frames have these Look/Sunn/Cyfac/Gitane/Lapierre/TVT/Time etc I have felt since the Millenium, French frames have lived very much in the Shadow of Italian and "New World" marques, which is a shame ,as they have more experience than anyone else and as you say ride so well. Would like a 979 in 49/50 size to replace this. :facepalm:

Re: Re:

Camberwell123":10buo3sl said:
beautiful bike!

would you consider selling the flite saddle ;) ?

As the package is now sold and I've bought a nice Selle Flite SLR Monolink instead, so the Flite is available, PM me if your' still interested.

Back