Restore 85 Peugeot Carbon Fiber Bike

Any seat post ideas?

I'm still on the hunt for a new seat post. The problem is it needs a 25mm :?

I've seen some discussion about the campag aero post but this seems very difficult to find in this size. Any Suggestions Please...

USE post

hamster":2fkc41en said:
USE post - plenty available!

Thanks, I've seen those but can't say I like the look for this bike. Hoping to get something that looks proper for a mid 80's racing bike.

taking it too far...

I got to thinking about it and decided to really give the bike a make over. The aluminum had (has) a lot of scratches so I'm going to polish it up and really clean the whole frame. I've already taken the big scratches out with 100 grit and now sanding with 220 perpendicular to the original, continuing until I get to 1500 grit. Some polishing compounds are on the way... this is going to take a while :roll: but should be worth it. Here is how she looks now...

Attachments

• sanding.jpg
    sanding.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 3,019
Agency_Scum":1mmgpvi2 said:
Looks mint, you've got to get some bigger pics! By the way, are you close enough to go to this.

That looks great! Unfortunately for me, I'm no where near. :cry:

I'll put some larger ones up when she is looking better!

Re: USE post

numbers505":2txosion said:
hamster":2txosion said:
USE post - plenty available!

Thanks, I've seen those but can't say I like the look for this bike. Hoping to get something that looks proper for a mid 80's racing bike.

Selcof Mod.50 maybe? About a third of the price of a USE, but is a plain circular profile so may not be what you're after if you want a more "Eighties" style pillar like the old Campag aero-profile ones.

David

Bike buffed up now...

So it has been a while. Wet sanded from 100 grit to 1500 grit, which took quite a long time. Got some buffing wheels and used jewelers compound to buff then a rouge to polish. Here is what that looked like:

Attachments

• peugeot_buffed.jpg
    peugeot_buffed.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,913
Still going...

I've actually got the decals, brakes, bars, etc on and will post some pics of that soon too!

Attachments

• peugeot4.jpg
    peugeot4.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,907
Back