GUESS WHAT IT WAS, B3 guessed it:First MuddyFox INTERACTIVE!

neilll":tuhon5xw said:
That Muddy Fox is Fugly but beautiful at the same time.... :? :?

Couldnt agree more; same of the Whyte. Love it them and hate them :?

B3":hxm24qmf said:
That's a nice looking bike Fred, i'd love one of those!
There hasn't been too many with this specific design the following production models had the shock monted near the fork( like the red model pictured in another post).
The silver one is really unique, if you look at the details (front mech mount guiding of the rear derailleur cable etc.) you can tell it was not yet ready for prime time. A real show bike prototype and i'd be very surprised to find one with 00002 written on it.
I'm glad you all can enjoy this!

There was an article many years ago on the designer in one of the mountain bike magazines and a review of the bike. I may have a copy somewhere but it will take a while to find! I remember going up to speak to Muddy Fox about some brake designs at about the time of the launch. In the corridor of their building were about 4 or 5 of the interactives. The prototype you show may well be one of the ones I saw at that time. They did a range of this design with about 4 or 5 models. The monocoque being the top of the range with lots of very nice parts! It's the one bike I would dearly love to add to my collection. :) If anyone has a frameset for sale I would be interested! :twisted:

At the time of muddy fox taking on the design they had just been bought/massive reinvestment. The previous bike show they had started to set-up their stand and then left it unfinished and unmanned as the company hit money problems.

Definitely a bike like no other! :LOL:

I've had a Citroen 2CV and a Mehari (the plastic jeep style version of the 2CV). The weirdest effect of the front and back linked suspension is that if you brake really hard (and assuming the tires hang on) is that the back of the car dives and not the front.

Well here's mine!

Old MF employee owned it as a gift from the company.. Frame mint but for some rust bolts (To be replaced with Ti) then a miss match of stuff added to it to get it 'working' by the seller..

Is that 1st prototype for sale does anyone know????

Attachments

• MFI1.jpg
    MFI1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,494
  • MFI2.jpg
    MFI2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,494
  • MFI3.jpg
    MFI3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,494
Wicked Man

Hey Santacrust - looks a pretty Rad ride you've got there. I have a collection of early Emmelle's and Apollo's and think this woul look great amongst them - would you consider a PX? I have a mint 1998 Emmelle Vector in Orange/Purple that I would be willing to put towards it (providing you were willing to collect from Scumthorpe)?
Let me know chick - Sanchez. Keep it real.

Hey thanks for the advice!,

Sorry RetardoSanchez but I'll have to turn down the offer of the Apollo, besides not sure your mom would let you sell it and I don't really want to travel all the way to Scumthorpe to see her again.. How old are you by the way?

Real glad I joined Retro Bike now.. it's a class act!

There's a whole 20 seconds of my life wasted!

Cheers honey.

Word.

Santercruz":13i3xp7y said:
Sorry RetardoSanchez but I'll have to turn down the offer of the Apollo, besides not sure your mom would let you sell it and I don't really want to travel all the way to Scumthorpe to see her again.. How old are you by the way?.

:shock:
im not sure mate but i think it was a joke !! :LOL:
dont worry about it ;)
nice rare muddy fox by the way, its a nice bike tgo have in any collection !! it looks super cooooolllll . quality.

magicmistertea":3kxcxyo8 said:
Santercruz":3kxcxyo8 said:
Sorry RetardoSanchez but I'll have to turn down the offer of the Apollo, besides not sure your mom would let you sell it and I don't really want to travel all the way to Scumthorpe to see her again.. How old are you by the way?.

:shock:
im not sure mate but i think it was a joke !! :LOL:
dont worry about it ;)
nice rare muddy fox by the way, its a nice bike to have in any collection !! it looks super cooooolllll . quality.

Back