Trackers

We did too around Wakefield. Cow horn handlebars, snapping forks.....it was such fun.
Forks snapping on me were what pushed me towards my foray into MTB and a Raleigh Mustang......i don't know what was best.

Re: Re:

mattr":aszhm61c said:
ferrus":aszhm61c said:
Top kid at school on a tracker was Darren Atkins who used to thrash the local fields jumping brooks', sometimes with a string of young pretenders in tow. I used to think that he'd have made a great MTBer - turns out he wasn't a bad CX rider, a few years later!
I think Darren now runs Coventry Cycle Centre; back in the 80's when it was John Atkins, trackers were so popular in Cov' that the shop sold new, custom bikes complete with anodised cycle speedway rims etc.. I only knew of two kids who had one though and one was 'Akky' himself. A bit too posh and expensive for anybody I knew and not really in the bodging spirit of trackers - but man, I fancied one. :)
Nah, Darren runs (owns?) Ride in Coventry. Cov Cycle Centre (ex-John Atkins) folded last year, owned by someone else altogether.
thank's for the info' ..sad to hear of the closure of the Gosford Street shop (and of cause it was Bromwich Cycles before John Atkins) :(

Didn't have a tracker, but the trend near me was to take a 'racer's' handlebars and twist them so the drops were on the top.

My Dad did, however, make me a BMX using a Grifter frame, but making it single speed. The one thing I did remember about it is that he had some copper coloured paint that he used to spray the whole thing. Looked great but was heavy as fook.

Sort of like this (although this looks like an MTB frame:

DSC_0146.JPG

Re:

AndyZ, want pics of your Tracker!!

This thread takes me right back, BSA Tourer,motorbike bars shimmed and bolted to stem, rear brake only and i then rattle canned the frame metallic green :D

Latest posts

Back