54cm Kona Kapu - Frame, Fork and Stem - Very Original

i-am-iron-man

Senior Retro Guru
'96 Kona Kapu
null_zps1f0ae011.jpg

Very nice Kapu frame with mudshark fork, in great condition for an 18yr old frame.
Comes with the original headset and seatpost clamp. It's in a dark blue-grey colour and made of Columbus Genius steel with Ritchey dropouts.

There is certainly cable-rub and some rust spots, but it is extremely presentable. I think it'd look cracking with an hour or so of elbow grease. The Velocity stem is in very nice condition and is a bronze colour. It came from a '98 Kapu.

I haven't built or ridden this. My intention was to build it with a recent alloy Campagnolo groupset, a black King classic headset and a pair of Wound Up forks, but it wasn't to be; I can sell the frame with the Wound Ups and headset if anyone is interested.

Measurements:
* Seat tube (centre-to-centre): 480mm
* Seat tube (centre-to-top): 560mm
* Head tube: 130mm
* Top tube effective: 540mm
* Stem: 100mm

Without wanting to sound over-the-top, up until recently the '98 bike I used to own was the best riding steel frame I've ever owned and I regretted parting with it ever since selling it. My intention was to restore this frame (I contacted H Lloyd and they can provide decals) but I'd probably leave it well alone.

I'd like £350 including UK postage.

NICE! If only it was a year later...the stem looks right for the year as well...

...and to tell you the truth if this was a few CM's bigger, I'd be talking a deal now.

Re:

Oooh, very nice! My size too but have to stay away or I won't be eating this month! Have a free bump!

Stuning frame. Keeping an eye on this... my size, but not my budget. Around how much would it cost to ship it to Denmark? Around £30ish extra?

As much as this is a nice frame, it doesn't make for a very nice ornament - and it is making me deeply unpopular with Mrs Iron Man ...

Any interest @ £275-ish?

Back