An early heads up for the Real Ale Wobble Nov 15/16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit chilly but I have a 4 season sleeping bag - and have learnt that the most important thing is a woolly hat to sleep in too! (Especially those of us follicly challenged!) :LOL:

If I do make it, it would be lovely if it was dry :roll:

The trails and scenery were STUNNING last year, but the mud and rain did put a little dampner on things :(

Still, it did make the evening pub meal enjoyable, if just to thaw us out :LOL:

Pre grub Peach Schnapps last year :oops:

main.php

I know everyone is stoked up for tommorow but trying to make plans for this, Can anyone tell me if there is facilitys to land a caravan? or even nearby ... like walkable from the drinking site?? :LOL:

Do you need to register early?

Caravan may be tricky - if you get there early enough you *may* be able to by the playing fields but we're talking arriving during the day on friday for that sort of space and even then it might take some sorting as it's not actually on the palying fields that you'd be able to stick your caravan, but the road beside them. Otherwsie there are a couple of side roads where you may be able to park up, but nothing specifically for a caravan :(

One image below is the playing fields (photo): Area A is where you can park parallel (unlike the coach in the picture) if you're lucky, or Area B where you can park end to end. I have no idea what that is with the quetion mark pointing to it. Looks new since last year - hope it doesn't mess up any parking plans :shock:

The other image (map) is Llanwrtyd itself and Areas A and B have end to end parking sometimes, Area C is where the playing fields are.

Hope this helps!

playingfieldsso1.jpg

lannwrtyden7.jpg

oh and last year having thought we'd better register early (i.e. a couple of weeks in advance) to save queuing on the day it was the longest queue! (Although it was cheaper to enter). Make up your own mind I guess!

Hmmm thanks for your help orange I am going to start firing some emails around as the camping and caravan club ( that im NOT a member of !! :LOL: " advertise an event in Llanwrtyd Wells so there must be somewhere there to land it?

Do those of you that have ridden this before think its do able on a single speed? (I apreciate anything is doable with an easy enough gear, but i mean with sensible gearing)

s_zigmond":1xg08z96 said:
Do those of you that have ridden this before think its do able on a single speed? (I apreciate anything is doable with an easy enough gear, but i mean with sensible gearing)

Urm, it'd be tough but possible.

ededwards did it with a 7 or 8 speed last year, middle ring only up front, but experienced problems so effectively single speeded it :LOL:

There were a few SSers last year, but not that many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back