1987 Cameron Rebuild & Wiki - A Wee Face Lift

Re: 1987-88 Cameron Rebuild & Wiki: Unknown CDN MTB "ITS ALIVE!"

Cool frame, story, build!
To find such a unique frame from your city of that vintage must make the rides on your local trails extra buzz-worthy...

Great job! Thanks for the history lesson.

shamobius":3z6xs9rn said:
Cool frame, story, build!
To find such a unique frame from your city of that vintage must make the rides on your local trails extra buzz-worthy...

Great job! Thanks for the history lesson.

Its been in and out of Bisegal a few times and people have loved it. Its a local secret and I think it brings back good memories for people.

I might take it by Beek's shop some time so he can see it. I have never met him and he's another local bike guru people hold in high regard. He was also close with Cameron so he'd probably like to take it for a bit of a spin.

I am looking forward to getting it into regular use in the next week or so.

I was lucky enough to view this today. Another Cameron hardtail c1989. The craftsmanship on this bike is unreal. Every weld is so smooth it looks carbon. Like a stealth bomber!

The owner asked me to post it on here. It is (sorta) for sale and he wants a good $$$$ for it, but this truly is an excellent bike. No work needed ... Just grease and go. If it was smaller it would be mine already.

Painted by Harv's good pal Tony Beeks in flat black ... Logo is paint. It's the nicest aluminum frame I have ever seen.

Re:

Does look stealthy. Bit of an awkward mix of parts though

Re:

It's been through two owners. The original owner built it up with rigid Cameron forks and the Cameron stem (now mine :D) and a campy mix. Likely spent a fortune on it. It went to the second owner who made some performance mods for the trail.

Re:

Edit - that Black Cameron I just posted is a 1989-90. I spoke to John at cycle logic and he recalled the bike.

I guess mine could be a bit older than 87-88. It's all done less one little thing I've been waiting for to make it just right.

Re:

I little update. NOS XT730 seatpost added and the decals from Gil.

Working in adding some Bullseye bits to it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Re: Re:

jimi911":3r2hmx63 said:
I little update. NOS XT730 seatpost added and the decals from Gil.

Working in adding some Bullseye bits to it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Looks amazing as it is :cool:

Re:

I'd still like to find a fork and bar/stem that fits it. I love how the bike looks but it be cool to get my mits on that stuff.

I recently found out that Cameron outfitted most of his early bikes with bullseye hubs. I'll build a set up for it over the winter.

It's a good riding bike. The RS1s aren't something you want to ride hard but it really performs well. It's my fav bike ... I've built prettier and $$$y bikes but this one is just special and different.

Re:

Great story and bike Jim. Is that still the 2nd generation stem on it? Think the 1st generation would look much better.

Best regards

Moritz

Back