Project P7 ... Video update

enc

Kona Fan
I've never ridden a P7.. not even this one (obviously :LOL: ) based on looks alone, i've been after one for ages....
I picked this up for the price of a good night on the town ... still cant make up my mind whether its a good buy or i've if been mugged :LOL: ... i guess time will tell.

I have an idea in my head of what i want to do but its kind of difficult to make firm plans without riding it ... what if i dont like it ?

I think i should get some air in the tyres, oil on the chain get a least one brake working and take it for a spin.

The bike had been stood unused in a shed for 10 years after the original owner sustained a cruciate ligament injury.

On initial inspection

2 tyres
full cable set
fork service
play in rear hub (hopefully just re grease and adjust)
cosmetics including strip lacquer from frame, de rust, polish... re-lacquer (maybe)

She be down and dirty ... just how i like em :twisted:

Re: Project P7

Hi mate, i'm not 100% certain if i'm reading that number correctly but i get the impression the last 2 numbers are the year plus the crankset style if original leads me to believe it's a 95 model so them details if i'm correct tells me it's retro ..

Re: Project P7

Great bike and a great project too :D Ill be following this one with interest.

A damp shed but not too damp as the rust looks only skin deep and on the exposed cheaper metals that aren't coated :? Some fine steel wool will take the rust of the frame

Though I reckon soap and water would work wonders too :LOL:

Re: Re:

Dossa":2p15a1h0 said:
Another one to be saved & restored :D

(Frame states October '94 so its a 95 model)

Good luck!

I was thinking 94 so thanks for info.

Back