sunn maxe 1996

mats16rcgti

Retro Guru
Hello,

First sorry for my english !

Let me present my sunn maxe 1996 :

I bought the frame when I was young, It has been used in local competition during one or two years.

First, it was equiped with deore lx, then I upgrade it with nos xt components two years ago.

And this year, after xt I changed for nos xtr 95- :

Next step will be a rigid fork with a lenght of 390 mm to discover the original geometry

Mat

Hey Mat,

you have lovely bike! Great upgrades! I would suggest that new handlebar to match seat post and/or stem should be next on your list of priorities!

Hello,

Thanks !

Hello, you mean a straight handlebar ?

I have a straight red one like the relev'up but I'm afraid of making scrathes by removing it...

I like the look of these Sunns I'll have to try one at some point.

I like the fact it started with LX, then progressed to XT and now on to XTR. It's like you are rewarding the bike for good service :)

I definitely agree with the idea of fitting a rigid fork, though I guess it might be hard to find an original one? Maybe put an advert in the 'Wanted' section?

mats16rcgti":1zmsti63 said:
Hello,

Thanks !

I have a straight red one like the relev'up but I'm afraid of making scrathes by removing it...

I was thinking more color wise cuz that orange is just not doing it for me :)

Re:

kingoffootball":1yf4zxwp said:
I like the look of these Sunns I'll have to try one at some point.

I like the fact it started with LX, then progressed to XT and now on to XTR. It's like you are rewarding the bike for good service :)

I definitely agree with the idea of fitting a rigid fork, though I guess it might be hard to find an original one? Maybe put an advert in the 'Wanted' section?

Hello,

If one day you'll buy one, check the catalog and don't go under 5000 model.

For the upgrade :
young : no money = used deore lx
old : xt is really nice but must have xtr for the titan freehub and light BB even if it's expensive :oops:

You're right about the fork, it's really difficult to find 1" steerer and even more when you want the specific chrome of maxe :cry:

So,I choose today to order a fork at carboncyle : they have 1" and there is a version in 390 mm :D

I hope that the result will be great so I will stop thinking about the ritchey p650 in full rigid :roll:

Dare":2sichp2w said:
mats16rcgti":2sichp2w said:
Hello,

Thanks !

I was thinking more color wise cuz that orange is just not doing it for me :)

okay, in fact it's red, I must change my mobile phone :LOL:

I dunno - I'da stuck with the front suspension set-up (mainly 'cause older bones don't enjoy the harshness of a rigid front end).

Nice bike!

Re:

k-rod":3fxalib3 said:
I dunno - I'da stuck with the front suspension set-up (mainly 'cause older bones don't enjoy the harshness of a rigid front end).

Nice bike!

Hello, thanks for the bike.

Recently I made a rigid "street" bike with a commencal frame and a mosso fork both in alu and I really enjoy the rigidity of it.

As I drive on nice paths along rivers, I think it will be ok with a carbon fork and a steel frame.

Plus older means for me bigger and maybe too big for my old rockshox :roll:

Back