Pigs in Lipstick thread.

Rampage":21x0ffw1 said:
What do the Scandium and 853 ride like out of interest?

The Scandium is very light and responsive, as you may expect being stiffer than steel, and the 853 just feels 'right' in every respect (if you catch my drift :oops: )...

...but the Kilauea had 'something' that neither of the other two do?

How's that for vague? :oops:

I can't help thinking it's just an emotional response half the time! :facepalm:

Heres one I made earlier

Saracen Sahara with all the 'good' bits I had lying around at the time.

a 'reasonable' frame at best, no springy whippet though. Felt a bit dead for anything fast but would be ideal for long touring. In the same way a Yugo was good for the shopping trips but little else.

saracen_sahara_elite_redux_243.jpg

I think Chris King, ti flite, M900 and an SX-Ti on my (originally LX/Quadra 21R spec) LTS-2 is getting into the category...I'll swap it all onto a LTS-1/Team one day.

20130126_130709.jpg

I rode around for ages on a Marin Bolinas Ridge with full XT equipment and Chris King headset, It was great, I loved it and why not

Charlieboy28":36qm6wkp said:
Anthony":36qm6wkp said:
if your girlfriend isn't pretty and nobody else fancies her, that's no reason not to buy her things.

I want this on a T shirt

Anthony you are a funny man :LOL: :LOL:

I agree, my husband should have it with wife replacing girlfriend :)

Alison

elPedro666":17932jrh said:
I've heard it said that Ultimate Ultralight loses it's 'zing' fairly rapidly, so that by now a Kila is a livelier ride than an Explosif, for example.

I've heard it said that Elvis shot JFK from the moon. Doesn't mean it's true ;)

Heat treated Aluminium frames are supposedly getting harder with age - my Zaskar is 20 this year, it carries a flick knife, has big tribal tattoos and always gets served first at a crowded bar. I'm scared of it, it makes me do things...

marge602":z55wltof said:
Going back to what Pedro said, my Bontrager Privateer eventually went"off"and lost its zing completely. Unfortunately it became a complete liability. Such a shame. Good to hear it's not the only steel bike it's happened to, in a perverse kind of way

Regards

Marge
Richard Sachs probably knows a little about this so called phenomenon; " A frame's characteristics don't change over time, at least such that they can be noticed. Can we please cache this and get about 40+ years out of it? Once it gets into circulation, the source won't matter atmo. "

No photos, but my Topanga was dripping in XT, purple hope hub, other purple ano stuff, Flite ti, Campag Stheno rims, Onza HO Ti pedals etc BITD

ooh ohh a thread I can post in at last........
this ones mine

531 Raleigh Blueridge, all stx rc, full soft-ride hop up kit, front hope and rear lx on sun bfr's. Pimp my average bike..

Attachments

• WP_20150627_001crp.jpg
    WP_20150627_001crp.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 563
Back