mongoose?

johnywelsh

Dirt Disciple
Hi all.. my son has bought a bmx that has mongoose splashed all over it but im undecided...ive been checking frame numbers online and cant find anything close...his starts with s n m n g and ideas?..i will post a pic tomorrow...

New ones with 'SN' starting however can have 'SN' (Serial No) 'MNG' (factory) 00(numbers, usually year) A (letter, usually corresponding to the month) then 5-6 frame numbers, wrapped around the BB.

So if it reads SNMNG09D20100, then it's a Pacific Mongoose made by Pacific (rather than for Walmart, etc) in April 2009. It's possible however that it could have been sold as a GT or as a Wethepeople, both other brands of Pacific cycle that use some of the same frames.

Re:

For some reason my phone will only upload this pic out of the 10 i took lol

Attachments

• received_841339279312795.jpeg
    received_841339279312795.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 7,348
Okay, so that looks like Mongoose, made in October(J) 2011 - so probably for the 2012 model range by that stage. But it does look genuine.

Re:

Pacific/Mongoose website might still have it, it's not that old after all.
Alternatively, they won't have pics, but Bikepedia.com should have specs for it.

Re:

Yea thanks for that..the bike has the smallest back sprocket ive ever seen..but the bearings are gone and the parts of the sprocket are smashen in..mainly the tube type piece that presses upto the bearings is ground down..any idea where i can get a replacement sprocket with the bearings and housing ?

Try Chainreactioncycles.com - they have a good selection of BMX spares & parts - at least for an idea of what you're looking for. BMX's aren't my speciality tbh, but I think you need a freehub spacer set.
An MTB single-speed conversion kit is like this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/uc/e ... -prod17774
but it's likely you need a driver which fits into the hub like a freehub does, but is BMX single-speed specific http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/uc/e ... prod136185, but I'm about at the limit of my BMX knowledge, as I say!

Back