Show me your single speeds!

Re:

Here's my new happy shopper/pub/camping/commuting bike.
Based on a 1990/1 Carrera Quattro Comp GT that I recently purchased from the tip for £5. It was blessed with mainly XT group when I got it but now it's single speeded up with sweepings from the garage floor and bits from the parts box. Soon to be fitted with guards, racks. panniers and lights for it's year round duties, shame it won't look so cool for much longer then.

Attachments

• DSC_4648.JPG
    DSC_4648.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 685
Re:

Not sure if I've posted my bike, probably... 700c, Sunn Exact disc.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 582
Re:

Has anyone built a Singlespeed and then found it disappointing or not quite up to their liking?

I must admit I finished my build early in the summer and haven't really touched my geared bikes :facepalm: I must get some pictures of it on here....

Re: Re:

player":espnt3mx said:
Has anyone built a Singlespeed and then found it disappointing or not quite up to their liking?

I must admit I finished my build early in the summer and haven't really touched my geared bikes :facepalm: I must get some pictures of it on here....

Never... all my ss bikes have been fantastic to ride.

al.

Re: Re:

al":6eentqgi said:
player":6eentqgi said:

Never... all my ss bikes have been fantastic to ride.

al.

How many do you own??

My ebay special 'Land Rover' DSX frame, built up with new components to make a 10.5kg, full sus, SS MTB;

Rockshox XC30TK Forks
Hayes Hydraulic Disk brakes
FSA K-Force Stem and Bars, (looking for seatpost).
VeloSolo 1/8" sprockets and chain.
Shimano Alfine chain tensioner

I notice some other SS bikes had a single sprocket tensioner, I found that the chain would jump when putting down lots of power in a climb, (as you need to single speed), so have a Shimano Alfine tensioner on mine that seems to hold the chain a lot better.

Attachments

• DSX-1.JPG
    DSX-1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 531
  • DSX-2.JPG
    DSX-2.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 531
Back