Haro Impulse Comp

Re:

phew! now i know it's not a reebok bike from sportsdirect...

Glad to see the proper stem, bars and other decals relevant too.

I do like u-brakes n all. they bite the rim better than you expect.

cool.

Re:

Thanks Marc, I find U brakes to be fantastic with the right pads.

I'll be riding this on our Wednesday night ride so I will report back on how it performs.

Re: Re:

chrisv40":31lw5ryl said:
Thanks Marc, I find U brakes to be fantastic with the right pads.

I'll be riding this on our Wednesday night ride so I will report back on how it performs.

So what pads do you favour for the u brakes chris as i think it was Aztecs that i used bitd but can't remember if i changed them for another brand or not ?.

Re:

I do have Aztecs on one of my gt's but this has a pair of v brake pads in as that's all there was in my box

Okay then chris i'll be checking what the pads are on my U brake as they seem to be fairly decent but haven't tried them out properly as yet but i do remember a mate bitd swapping over to some shimano's on his u brakes and he swore they made a huge improvement but i'm damned if i can remember which particular ones he used back then so i think a little bit of experimenting is in order once i get the wheels sorted on my Kona ..

Re:

nice one...

here's my slightly earlier one from '90
viewtopic.php?t=293353

there's a scan posted on my thread of the same '91 model as yours - could be possible to work out the right group from that photo I guess

It's a 400LX groupset, 2mm cables and 4130 300 mm long seatpost.

Brilliant eyesight you see..

That or I happen to know where the catalogue is and the photos are easier tonread the text on, oh and a full spec sheet viewtopic.php?t=168596

Back