1990 Raleigh 'Mountain Bike Team'

bikemeister2000":vlt3zynq said:
Technium was a range of bikes imported from Raleigh USA.

There was no conection with Team Raleigh. However, Raleigh Special Products continued to produce frames either brazed Reynolds, Bonded as per Dyna-Tech and finally welded titanium.

There were a number of these, at various times which formed part, of tye catalogued range.

All of this came to an end in 2001 with the closure of the Special Products Division.

From memory the Techniums used the bonding that the dynatechs went on to use and IIRC most had a main aluminium triangle and a steel rear triangle. I may be wrong or looking through rose tinted specs but I seem to remember the lighweight brazed Reynolds Team edition being a bit produced after 1989.

Carl.

drcarlos":3c2j39se said:
bikemeister2000":3c2j39se said:
Technium was a range of bikes imported from Raleigh USA.

There was no conection with Team Raleigh. However, Raleigh Special Products continued to produce frames either brazed Reynolds, Bonded as per Dyna-Tech and finally welded titanium.

There were a number of these, at various times which formed part, of tye catalogued range.

All of this came to an end in 2001 with the closure of the Special Products Division.

From memory the Techniums used the bonding that the dynatechs went on to use and IIRC most had a main aluminium triangle and a steel rear triangle. I may be wrong or looking through rose tinted specs but I seem to remember the lighweight brazed Reynolds Team edition being a bit produced after 1989.

Carl.

The bonding technique used on Dyna-Tech was developed independently of Raleigh USA. The Technium bonding technique was different in that the lugs had internal spigots onto which the tubes were located.

drcarlos":93gd3210 said:
raleighboy":93gd3210 said:
I've just started to restore my 531 framed version of the team bike. Slightly different decals and suntour xcd groupset. Many many happy muddy miles spent on it and I hope to do a fair few more. Glad to see somebody else has got one I thought I had the only one as I've never been able to find any info on them. I hope to get out on a few retro rides in the future :D

This was the one I wanted, any pics you can post now?

Carl.

I had the Team as pictured, but always wanted the 531 version. It was just too expensive for me at the time. I would love to see a picture of one again.

Re:

Hi this might be a bit of a long shot but Ive have a raleigh mountain bike team bike and am planing on restoring it to its former glory and was wondering were I can get the decals and stickers to replace the old ones
Cheers
Kyle

Re: Re:

supersport94":3du8ybgl said:
Hi this might be a bit of a long shot but Ive have a raleigh mountain bike team bike and am planing on restoring it to its former glory and was wondering were I can get the decals and stickers to replace the old ones
Cheers
Kyle

I also believe that nick at h Lloyd cycles had the rights to produce the replicas of the original Raleigh decals.

Carl

Re: 1989 Raleigh Team Bike

hi there,

Anyone who's interested I have one of the 531 team bikes for sale .
Getting a new bike and need to make room so any sensible offers welcomed. Have owned the bike from new and even have the manual somewhere. The frame I believe says 53 cm on the manual. Great bike and is all original except the seat which was stolen.

Shows signs of wear with chips on paintwork and pealing decals but is sound. Have photos to send if interested.

Cheers

Re: 1989 Raleigh Team Bike

dude391":1s0zwt6m said:
hi there,

Anyone who's interested I have one of the 531 team bikes for sale .
Getting a new bike and need to make room so any sensible offers welcomed. Have owned the bike from new and even have the manual somewhere. The frame I believe says 53 cm on the manual. Great bike and is all original except the seat which was stolen.

Shows signs of wear with chips on paintwork and pealing decals but is sound. Have photos to send if interested.

Cheers

I'm local to you if anyone wants me to poke around/ collect/ post etc

Back