Retro Skateboard - 87 Santa Cruz Jeff Grosso

Good site that. Prices seem strong to me, $3500 for a Jason Lee and $1600+ for a Hawk just a couple of examples.

Re:

Built a benjyboard in my old school woodwork class in the late 70s iirc and fitted it with California slalom trucks and red Kryptonics from the long gone skate shop up in happy Hampstead. That thing was scary fast on hills. Still got it gathering dust. Used to go to the Sobel Center skate park with my school mates bitd.

Ok, I need some help and advice from the 'old' (cough :LOL:) skaters on here ... :D

What was the rubberised grip tape called ? The type that got used UNDER the deck around the nose etc as a finger grip.

My skate shop had it in precut squares and rectangles with rounded corners in nice neon colours.

I think Alva and Santa Cruz made it and it was called rip grip (or similar) ?

Can you still get it ? Is there a modern equivalent ? Any names and links etc would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

WD :D

Yeah, rip grip is right.

12220.jpg

I remember Alva did crabs rip grip and the review in Skateboard magazine was titled 'Crabs. Can you catch them from toilet seats?' with an accompanying picture. :LOL:

Not sure if you can still get it. Try Todd Twist on ebay.

Back