Orange Aluminium "O" *updated 05/12/06*

Cheers for the comments guys :D ....I'm well pleased with the result :cool:

Here's some better pictures in an Orange"O"rama with the stealth black one. It's one of those rare pictures showing what an English summer should be!..... enjoy :D

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• Aliorama1.jpg
    Aliorama1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 2,121
  • AliOrama2.jpg
    AliOrama2.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 2,121
  • AliOrama3.jpg
    AliOrama3.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 2,121
  • AliOrama4.jpg
    AliOrama4.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 2,121
Great pix.

It's good to see the aluminium frames gaining some popularity these days.

Interesting to see you've a 17" and 19". My E4 is 19" and the Clockworks a 17. I'm still not sure which is a better fit?.

cherrybomb":1d5coi2f said:
Interesting to see you've a 17" and 19". My E4 is 19" and the Clockworks a 17. I'm still not sure which is a better fit?.

Thanks cherrybomb. :D
I'd definately say the 17" feels better for me. I'm 5' 11". The 19" is more than rideable and suited to my size....I just prefer the handling of a smaller frame. My (non retro) scale 30 is a medium with the same extention of seatpost. Some things just feel 'right' :D

cheers,
boy"O"boy

I Swear everytime I see that black 'O' I love it more and more! Those skinny top and down tubes and that seemly rare 17" size... So nice, not to take it away from the orange and white 'O' but that black 'O' is a cut above... bloody awesome! :D

Very nice job! Paint and decals look very authentic.

I had one of the first Os when they came out, had to wait for it :(
Nice bike, raced it loads. Not sure the 150mm alu stalk helped the handling much with 21" Taperlites, but sweet it was.

I do like that. Passed over a few Os now.. :?

OrangeRetro":q8nivs9d said:
I Swear everytime I see that black 'O' I love it more and more! Those skinny top and down tubes and that seemly rare 17" size... So nice, not to take it away from the orange and white 'O' but that black 'O' is a cut above... bloody awesome! :D

Cheers fella :D
Is the 17" a rare size?.... my Oct '91 ( brought from Cyclerelic ) is also a 17" frame. No top mounted cabling or replaceable mech hanger like the orange/white one though. Do you reckon orange tried this for a bit then reverted back to a more conventional set-up?

Here's one more pic of the black one to get your (orange) juices flowing!! :D

Cheers Gump... The paint and decals were a right pain in the @rse to get right but it didn't come bad in the end :D

Attachments

• blackOno1.jpg
    blackOno1.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 1,293
boy"O"boy":1senfcl0 said:
OrangeRetro":1senfcl0 said:

Cheers fella :D
Is the 17" a rare size?.... my Oct '91 ( brought from Cyclerelic ) is also a 17" frame. No top mounted cabling or replaceable mech hanger like the orange/white one though. Do you reckon orange tried this for a bit then reverted back to a more conventional set-up?

Unless your orange/white one had already previously been painted with newer decals, in its black guise it looks later then 91.. more like the decal sets that were kicking about in 94? That might account for the different cable routing and mech hangers..? But if it is a 91 I wouldn't be suprised if orange were moving the routing round and experimenting a bit. After all 16 revisions of the clockwork in 6-7 years.. whats that all about? :shock:

I've seen a few 'O's kicking about but very few in 17".. my size! :(

When all said and done, if you ever feel like moving to the darkside.. theres a P7 here waiting for swapsies ;) (Not for a moment that I think you would entertain the though of dirty steel.. :D )

Back