Kirk Precision Spares

Re:

Great work fellas! I have a friend that needs a mech hanger so will put my name down for one when you make it happen

Re:

This is what the hangers look like, 3D printed in ABS, in two slightly different version:

Obviously need a bit of cleaning and drilling up to the size of the bolt (looks like M10 will fit nicely) and the threaded insert, but we'll get there:

Re:

Take the broken hanger, press out the threaded insert and reuse it. The hole to drill is M12.

While handling this one, it broke near the frame attachement hole where the printing was rather thin and while pressing in the insert it cracked thereabouts as well. But, as all you Mehari owners know, ABS dissolves in aceton and you can make your own 'patch paste'.
On the next attempt I'll soften the ABS and then press in the insert.

Ok, I didn't read the rest of the thread just the last post.

Those inserts are usually fitted with the insert being fairly hot.

Re:

We've got it covered now. I used a printing that was beefed up about 50% on the 'wings' that go around the frame, the one on the far right in the foto. I brushed some rougher parts with acetone to improve the 'cohesion' of the ABS printing (this was done at 45% fill rate by the way, more will make it denser and more brittle). Acetone gives it a nice smooth surface.

Then I drilled the 12 mm hole slightly more to the centre, giving the threaded insert the same amount of plastic support all around. Brushed the inside with acetone to soften up the ABS before pressing in the insert, it becomes a push fit then (by thumb).

That's it. The hanger flexes quite a bit, but on the bike it behaves nicely. Like Confucius said: The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.

We have no plans to sell or produce more of these, any one can use the CAD drawings (gracefully supplied to us by Danson, dankjewel) and print their own.
It wouldn't be economical either to print hangers in Holland and send them to the UK.

Re:

Hi,
I am looking for this exact part, did anybody have any luck in getting it made??
or does anybody have any contacts for spare part.
Any help would be great!!

Re:

Hi , Bruce,
I'll send you a message later with links to the files.
They were originally Solidworks, but also have IGEs and STEP.

All the best,

Back