The Mobile Minefield

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Contract is up today...have started looking around for better deal/new phone etc.
Now I have a thumping headache :?
I'm currently with Three....they are offering me 300 Mix/Max mins/text which is about my usage..£15PM.
I like Nokias...always seem pretty reliable.
They have offered me Nokias 6120 (oh sorry, we don't have that now :x )
3120, cheap plastic looking or 6500, heaps of bad reviews. OR
Ericsson (all my mates have had probs with these so have kept clear of them) 660i and 750i (clam....no thanks)
I'm getting bored of looking.
Any recommendations
Cheers
Carl
Don't want to spend lots, couldn't give a rats arse about a camera, quite like to browse Retrobike at work :LOL:

BlackBerry ;)

Get all your email, browse RetroBike and eBay, instant messenger, organiser, contact list, GPS....nice big screen, also plays music and video...

If you like Nokia I'd go with the N95. I know it has some issues, but it just needs restarting 'very' occasionally.

n95 is ok if later 8gb version
i had original and it was trash
never had any probs with sony ericsson and my next phone will be the new w980 (i think thats the number)
my wife has a contract with t mob thats £20 pm and she gets 500 mins and 500 texts

rob

I've had about five Sony Ericssons now which have been fine, no problems apart from the chargers are a bit shit and you have to wangle them. Good for browsing t'internet, plays music etc. Pretty good.

Moved to a I-Phone 3G with 16mb a few weeks ago. Shite! does nothing that the Sony does apart from Google Earth which is cool but the tracking whilst its doing the directions thang is poor. Doesn't connect with any other phone with blue tooth which means I have had to manually put in 300 phone numbers when I switched. The internet browsing is slow if you are not in a Wi-Fi spot. Have had to try very hard not to throw it at a wall or stamp on it several times already. Frustrating lack of options when trying to set it up. Looks nice- thats about it. Bunch of arse!

Avoid like the plague

Si

Thanks fellas....would like a Blackberry thingy but I don't want to spend much and don't really use mobiles much.
Was offered a very good deal on a Sony Ericsson W910i (£14 per month, 150/150).
Now I read they are shite and break down all the time.
Guess I'll send it back as soon as it arrives :LOL:

have been on 3 for 2 years, its not Too bad but signal does drop once or twice a year, I have stayed with em and pay £10 month for direct video & talk & text 500 which is enough

always used sony ericssons with no probs too K800i/w910i too, only thing I heard with the 910 is the buttons may crack but that willcome under your 1yr warranty, 3 upgraded me for free @ £10 if I took on an 18 month contract :idea: you gotta ring em though - earlier you ring the better as they start putting you through to india after about 4ish :?

blackberrys are for girls :LOL:

If you're on 3 cancel and wait until they call you back - only then will you get the best deals! I've just done the same.

Phone wise i've just gone for a nokia e71. Great phone. :cool:

Back