GT Tempest **Finished - Pics & Spec 5/9**

MadCowKev":vzoxpnca said:
If it turns up tomorrow morning maybe MrsGT will have it built by the time you get home from work?

:LOL: That'd be a dream come true!

Trouble is, I've been told there's no packages at home for me.....so another night of staring at a pile of blue ano and no frame or mechs to play with :roll:

I wonder what she'll weigh once built up??? :?

ameybrook":2s1xkbij said:
Are you going to go with the stock Acera / Alivio group?

Noooo :LOL:

Got a load of XT on the way, and need to decide whether to run XT cantis, V's or some Magura's that are on the way too! :shock:

Tallpaul":1x1dr8zy said:
Are you gonna transfer all the running gear to a Zaskar when you find one in your size?

I would think so......and then slowly start looking at upgrading again to XTR ;)

Probably flog the LTS as well to help fund a decent frame.

I'd go with Maguras or possibly V's - a bike like this will ask to be hammered and the solid feel of the rest will suit some nice solid brakes.

Speaking from experience canti's in the peaks are hard work... and magura's should retract a bit further from your rims than V's so less nasty graunchy noises when riding in wet gritty conditions. Pain to set up until you get the hang of them, but as long as you don't mind pulling the whole bracket apart and starting agin when you realise it's not at the optimum position....

Which maguras? (and most importantly what colour...)

Si F

Latest posts

Back