And so it begins. Bespoke build. Here. Page 9

Re:

Finally got in the shed today and gave her a bit of TLC. Can you split and rejoin SRAM 1051 chains once fitted? Mine snapped today and i just removed a link and carried on.

Stripped her back but left the tyres at 50psi and went for a trundle. very very nice bridleway and loose dry riding tyres. Would be fantastic for a dry HONC.

Looking good out on a country lane so how does it compare laden to unladen as it appears quite natural looking in either guise ;) ..

I know most hate them but.......... Nos.

f1a0a593359b9cc9f52952849b03e5e8_zpsh2fwd1px.jpg

One other question, why run the front brake cable across the right side and under instead of the more traditional loop over the front of the bars and down? Does your way not compress against the other cables along the headtube interface there?

ultrazenith":23zqep0s said:
I like them. I have a purple pair in my stash, waiting for the right build.

Nice headbadge! What is its significance?

My hero since i could walk. Saw him ride a lot as a kid. I grew up near mallory park. Check out the helmet.

Attachments

• barry_sheene_01.jpg
    barry_sheene_01.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 754
coomber":te352kv1 said:
One other question, why run the front brake cable across the right side and under instead of the more traditional loop over the front of the bars and down? Does your way not compress against the other cables along the headtube interface there?

The clip points/angles seemed to favour the under headtube route so i went with it. Not an issue as yet.

The History Man":2svpmabg said:
ultrazenith":2svpmabg said:
I like them. I have a purple pair in my stash, waiting for the right build.

Nice headbadge! What is its significance?

My hero since i could walk. Saw him ride a lot as a kid. I grew up near mallory park. Check out the helmet.

Damn i'd forgotten that was Barry's trade mark :facepalm: now i feel a little :oops: to say the least but in all honesty i rarely got the chance to see him ride on tv due to my parents dislike of motorbikes and we only owned one tv back then :cry: but i feel real proud seeing you using his trade mark as a head tube badge mate :cool: ..

With my other idol............ This is the best pic ever. Imagine the hangovers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 739
Back