COOL WALL - "Purple anodised components Cool or Uncool

Purple anodised components: Cool or Uncool

• Wow - I think purple rocks my world: Cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well - Im not really bothered.....whatever....

• No - I hate them! Uncool!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Purple (and all anodized bits) is awesome... if used right. You can overkill though:

purpleyeti.jpg

purple bits ...

i still have a few purple Ringle bits on my jellybean ala Carte Salsa .... front hub , Zookah stem , anti-chain-suck thing ...... unfortunately my skewars are the original red,gold and green Salsa ones ......

Purple STILL rocks ....

Purple rocks but you've got to have something for it to contrast against. E.g. I don't like the purple crank and purple chainrings above, but switch the chainrings to silver or the crank arm to silver and it would look at lot better.

Not cool, no way, not then, not now, not ever.

That Yeti is an exaple of over-kill, right?

Purple was used by people to express how 'crazy' they were, "Look at me I'm a crazy mountainbiker, aren't I mad with my purple nuts!!!"

IMO, these people generally aren't that crazy.

A purple Ringle stem may be cool, but is it because its purple or because its a Ringle stem?

I'd say it had less to do with being Ringle and more about being Purple. I never had the money to buy the stuff back in the day, but I've heard its not that great.

I'd say it's definitely cool due to the nostalgia and warm feelings of the heady days gone by that it evokes... :) I personally wouldn't have purple anodised stuff, but that's just because it's not the colour scheme I'm going to go for with the Yo...

Back