My white KLEIN is done (and tested) :-)

Dipsy":2oo5v88o said:
You are right that is a Fly-Agaric and is highly poisonous, it is past it's best though..

Void, nice job there mate! and yes the fungi is a bit early this year due to the dampness.....

Any idea what the other one is? Would it be eatable? Never had any mushrooms from the wild before, but I know there are some eatable ones around. Like the Boletus Edulis, would actually like to try that :?:

Funny thing is, with all the mushrooms around I also noticed that the nuts and berries aren't even close to eatable yet :-(

I don't know what that one is, identification can be a tricky business and possibly the last thing you will ever do if you get it wrong.

So I won't stick my neck out on this just incase......

You might find the website interesting though..

http://www.mushrooms.org.uk/

Void(EN12-82)":u3rttrr2 said:
Dipsy":u3rttrr2 said:
You are right that is a Fly-Agaric and is highly poisonous, it is past it's best though..

Void, nice job there mate! and yes the fungi is a bit early this year due to the dampness.....

Any idea what the other one is? Would it be eatable? Never had any mushrooms from the wild before, but I know there are some eatable ones around. Like the Boletus Edulis, would actually like to try that :?:

Funny thing is, with all the mushrooms around I also noticed that the nuts and berries aren't even close to eatable yet :-(
Fly-agaric should not be eaten by anyone that has never taken large quantitys of mushrooms before,the effect is akin to peyote or several hundred of the liberty cap[magic]mushrooms taken together in 1 sitting,these fungi are extremely dangerous ,dont even kid on about it ,as some younger forum member might be tempted to try it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Another important note,

Some fungi are so poisonous it is dangerous to just touch them ( we all touch our faces without even thinking or noticing! and others may be protected by law as there are some rare ones out there.

This can lead to very heavy fine and a prison sentence.

Make sure that the local woodland trust allows mushroom picking.

Just four fungi species are on it, but for reference:

Wildlife and Countryside act:

http://www.jncc.gov.uk/page-1816

what a nice bike!
You don't prefer a mission control?
Do you testes the mushroms for knowing if they are halucinogeous ?

Back