A nice little ride today...

Re:

So, after yesterday's aborted ride, owing to a canti trying to escape the bike, I tried again today!
:shock:
Thankfully, the straddle wire had other ideas, all that was tethering it to the bike :facepalm:
Brake fixed with a spare spring I found in my bag 'o stuff, and we're off today!

Up through Castle Goring and into Clapham woods we go,

Along the Monarchs Way, heading west and into Angmering Park Estate,

Just after this shot, I got a puncture :facepalm: but to be fair, it was nice weather to be mending one, and in pleasant surroundings, too.

Through Wepham Down, to The Burgh, then up the other side heading towards the SDW by Downs Farm. A piccy from where I'd just come from,

Turning right, before reaching the SDW, up a long drag. To this gate.

Then onto the main drag across the top of Kithurst Hill and Chantry Lane, dropping down to just before the A27. Turning right onto a nice piece of track

that takes me past a private school, up a concrete road, and up to the main track down across the Furlong, and home, in time for lunch, at 4.15! A very pleasant 2 1/2 hrs in all, Champion!;)

Mike

Re:

Excellent, thanks for sharing that. I especially like the view of your bike high above that farm in the distance. Have you got this route on a GPS site where someone can view the route ? As I think I knew where you went but not sure.

Re: Re:

Dawn Treader":tj3rhwmf said:
Excellent, thanks for sharing that. I especially like the view of your bike high above that farm in the distance. Have you got this route on a GPS site where someone can view the route ? As I think I knew where you went but not sure.

Hi DT ;)

I don't do GPS , or Strava for that matter, well II am a retrohead after all :LOL: :LOL:

It's taken looking north east, over Michelgrove
I would put up more of my rides up here, but it would seem a bit egotistical, and that's not me at all

Mike

I feel like an armchair cyclist at the moment Mike, allow me to cycle vicariously through you.. :LOL:

BobCatMax":2vypjhru said:
I feel like an armchair cyclist at the moment Mike, allow me to cycle vicariously through you.. :LOL:

Would it make my eyes water?
Legs were a bit stiff on Monday's commute, I have to admit. Ok now though. Got a road ride planned for the weekend too. Longish one to try out that Bianchi properly. Culminating in a slog up Ditchling Beacon.
Hopefully past some modern tat, but not guaranteed

Mike

Another 23 around the 'burbs. After the holidays I reckon it's time for the annual jaunt to Swinley.

KmG08Y.jpg

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/1038765635

Re:

@Purley where on earth is the downhill sections in oxleas? I live on Eaglesfield and havent been aware of any decent rides in oxleas. Been curious for ages

Back