a bit of purple

cchris2lou

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
already had a front hub and was lucky enough to pick the rims and rear hub on ebay . front wheel rim was build with another purple hub , so just swapper the front hub , and I now have a full set . Rims are Chinock .

Attachments

• Picture 354.jpg
    Picture 354.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,667
true ,

might have to think about it , but nipples would be more expensives than the wheels . :LOL:

your in the trade arn't ya fella get your ison caterloge out you lazy arse and order some halo nipps bag of fifty is only £5 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

no trade for me , I just love a bargain . :LOL: :LOL:

if I decide to go ahead , I ll contact you Dan . ;)

Alloy nipples in a non-eyeletted alloy rim. Not a combination I'd go for. No matter what prep you do now, a year or so down the line when the nipple prep has washed off, those nipples will stick to the rim and you'll never budge them.

Alloy nipples are great for new builds that you know are only going to be used for a year or so before being upgraded or in decent SS eyeletted rims but not for retro stuff that you want to hold on to as long as possible.

Edit: and before anyone asks, I did build wheels professionally for a number of years, not just spouting un-informed views! :LOL:

Back