Very rare 1990 Miyata Century with gold details

mkaavin

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A friend of mine just brought a very rare and special bike back to life.

It's a 1990 model Miyata Century. The frame is partly made of carbon and has 14K gold details.

We think that this bike was made in small numbers and only given to Miyata dealers in order to celebrate 100 years production of Miyata bicycles.

Is there anyone in here who knows more about these bikes? If so, we would very much like to get as much information as possible.

Thanks

Attachments

• bilde.JPG
    bilde.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,167
Oh my god, that is awesome! pretty rare too! One of the most beautiful bikes ever made. What size is it? Looks like quite a gate...
Needs more high-res pictures! Very envious of that one.

syncrosfan":3o4woo04 said:
Oh my god, that is awesome! pretty rare too! One of the most beautiful bikes ever made. What size is it? Looks like quite a gate...
Needs more high-res pictures! Very envious of that one.

Well...yes, the bike is very special. The size however is, as you say; quite large :) I really don't know what actual size it is.

I'll talk to my friend about getting some better pics up. I'm sorry for the poor quality of this pic. It certainly looks a lot better in real life.

Possibly I know more, but I don't know what you don't know. What would you like to know?

Nice Century btw. Size 21.5"/57cm (c-t)

Elev12k":2w1t3lu9 said:
Possibly I know more, but I don't know what you don't know. What would you like to know?

Nice Century btw. Size 21.5"/57cm (c-t)

Well, I found this thread that provides some more information about the bike:

viewtopic.php?t=66623

Do you know how many that was made?

Back