PEAKS SWIM on SATURDAY INFO DESK - ONE DAY AND COUNTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: To Recap then

niceguyeddie":3dvsmoem said:
for the trail you'll need front sus as a minimum.
MJN":3dvsmoem said:
tyres less than 2.0 aren't recommended round those parts

If I get the Tempest built in time.......I'm stuffed then :LOL:

Well, I handled rigid on 1.75's BITD, so I can handle it now ;)

Rigid or not

I learnt to ride rigid back in the 80's and thought those bikes were the business. Been riding full and front sus now for years, tooks out an old full rigid cinder cone the other weekend and scared myself. You really have to concentrate that bit more.

Should be fine rigid,you need fat tyres round there for protecting your wheels,a mate of mine decided to run some 1.8 fire xc muds a few years ago,very ammusing for the rest of us!

Tyred and emotional

Chill on the tyres boys - it's fine up there (even for Wildslippers and Megabytes)...

Capt K

Well, if the Tempest gets built I'm riding 1.95 Wildgrippers......if it doesnt get finished and I bring the LTS im on 1.8 Fire Mud's.

I could change the 1.8's to 2.1 Magic's, but I've never ridden them before so dont know how they handle.

Better to stick with what you know IMO ;)

gump":3arrtrrl said:
Will be new school rubber for me :)
Nevegal/Blue Groove, current tyres of choice.

Are those the ones for extra sensitivity or are they the curry-flavoured ones...? ;-)

Capt K

They are the exta thick ones with bumps. Large size. Lose a bit of feel, but you can't trust old rubber ;)

Is it too late to put my name down to ride Saturday? I'll just be coming for the ride and not stopping over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back