lacquer over decals

Thanks for the offer uncle jack, this bike came with the original avenir tires, black wall so I. Fitted modern panracer xc pro 1.8 , they look very similar to the originals :D

Alright :)

Nice build!

Quick question - If i was to powdercoat a frame in a matt colour...

...is there a matt finish laquer or am i being thick?

jonnymcenroe":3oh9avjl said:
Alright :)

Nice build!

Quick question - If i was to powdercoat a frame in a matt colour...

...is there a matt finish laquer or am i being thick?

Hi Jonny, yes there is a matt finish lacquer, you use the same 2k lacquer but the difference is you need to apply a matting agent, there are various ratios for the type of finish you want to achieve, alot of Renault bumper moldings, door moldings are done like this, hope that helps fella, just pm me if you need any more advice :D

Cool stuff - just so happens one of my pals used to spray Renaults for a living ;) I'll ask him. Thanks.

EDIT* :LOL: his name is Matt.

:D

just realised where I've seen that colour scheme before ... :D :D

Attachments

• 2012-03-20 20.13.16.jpg
    2012-03-20 20.13.16.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,421
It's a pity the pic's aren't a bit clearer but overall i'm loving the colour scheme and i have to agree with you on clear coating the decals as i wished they had been clear coated on my old muddy when i had that as it didn't take much to chip them with being painted on ..

Re:

Holy thread resurrection Mudman! :LOL:

Very nice to see it again though, really do like this build - has it found a happy new home yet?

Re:

Well, look at the frame neary 4 years on, still like new, and believe me it has seen some action, £25 quid buys it :D

Re:

Lovely coulour scheme ! :cool:

Obviously too small for a long-un, right?

Mike

Back