barracuda cruiser "ebay cheap frame"

Re:

Been a couple of years... had the frame for lord knows how long and got it all finished last summer...

But here's my take on a WWII inspired cruiser.....

32ced54f89d34520e8758afd2a3666ca.jpg

19773497214_16c639bc88_k.jpg

Bars are off a 1960's Triumph... I forget which one
20209526909_1e237e3528_k.jpg

RockShox were in the garage and needed a good clean up. I ended up having them bead blasted in the end they were that bad. Lick of paint and lacquer and some new stickies... happy days :)
20387558832_e6eeff6545_k.jpg

BMX bottom bracket bits n bobs... Retro main ring, BMX naturally... cleaned and polished with MicroMesh and lacquered.
20208137268_36e0613395_k.jpg

Seat and "fenders" / mud guards courteousy of ElectraGlide... got them from a dealer in Holland.
20387566192_d30b263424_k.jpg

Incidentals...
Wheels are composed of standard Raleigh 26" rims, shot blasted and satin black powder coated and respoked in black (naturally), rear is a pedal back brake. Rubber - Schwalbe Fat Franks.
Anything not required, brake mounts, derailleur hanger, etc, was ground off and finished... not a simple task considering it's aluminium, but managed with a lot of effort.
The paint is Krylon Ultra flats camo, but I stuck 3 or four coats of satin lacquer over the top of that to finish it. Took me a good week to do all the paint and let it dry before I worked it.

Over all, the ride is fab, but considering my other bike is a road racer the width and stance of the whole thing took a bit of getting used to. Really comfy to ride and for a pseudo-fixie, not too much effort required on hills. I think I got the balance just right in that respect.

Re:

nice that

im just building another tia this time as a Klunker

Attachments

• fork 016.jpg
    fork 016.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,873
  • fork 017.jpg
    fork 017.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,873
Funky Diver":33j3muw5 said:
Nice, did you add the extra bar or did it come with it?

ive added it just need to smooth the "welds" then il repaint it as this was just a trial paint job

Re:

That 'cuda looks brilliant! I love the paint job, kind of like a digital camo fade effect, and the matched fork and fenders really set it off. Impressive stuff :D

Re:

Just got a TIA from the tip for a fiver.20" frame and some not bad components on it,had me confused so googled it and ended up back here !!!!
Mike.

Re: Re:

dorset boy":1ia2x1i0 said:
Just got a TIA from the tip for a fiver.20" frame and some not bad components on it,had me confused so googled it and ended up back here !!!!
Mike.
Done anything with it yet?

Back