Who knows about car stereo wires and stuff?

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Odd one.....

......I have a 2005 Toyota Hairdresser 1.8 (MR2 roadster) and I am changing the stereo for a single din with iso wires. I bought an adapter on ebay to convert toyota to iso but it doesn't match my OEM toyota stereo. Now it turns out that the one I bought is for 2002-2004 MR2 and 2005 is different. No one online sells one, but they do sell 2005 landcruiser ones, and the landcruiser looks to have the same stereo.

So, first, can any one help confirm my hunch or suggest a source for an MR2 2005, and secondly my current oem stereo has thousands of cables and connectors but iso only has a few - whats with all the rest of these cables?

not sure about the landcruiser one being the same but as for the rest of the wires does your car have surround sound or dolby?
if so may have a standard fit amp somewhere else also so will need lots of wiring to make it all work this is prob why no one makes the adapter?
also might have extra wires for steering wheel controls and remote display etc?

rob

Thanks for the hints guys, I will try and get a picture up as soon as I unbolt the stereo again so you can all see.

legrandefromage I'll send you some piccys for your expert opinion asap if thats ok?

Pete

Back