Giom6":36ty83f5 said:
sinnerman":36ty83f5 said:
xxnick1975":36ty83f5 said:
the pink is very metrosexual

one for the more confident rider

I have a Pink lycra so its all good...lol :LOL:
But is it the right shade...? :D

You are not borrowing my lycra G, :LOL:

Do you remember "Kangaroo Poo" the clothing brand...., OMG that's a whole another story..... :oops:

Awesome looking bikes and i've always loved zinn bikes right from the day they were 1st made and sold to the public and i could never understand why they never got the attention that they deserved ..

sinnerman":2yxy6nyf said:

Do you remember "Kangaroo Poo" the clothing brand...., OMG that's a whole another story..... :oops:
Probably wouldn't suit my complexion mate :)

I do in deed remember the name. Can't say I ever bought anything.

How bad was the rust spots on it mate? Everything seems to have cleaned up pretty nice - those wheels look like they haven't been used...

Muddy paw":148apugj said:
Awesome looking bikes and i've always loved zinn bikes right from the day they were 1st made and sold to the public and i could never understand why they never got the attention that they deserved ..

They did indeed have a short run, which I have never got to the bottom of, I have heard allsorts through the years, but nothing of substance.

I wondered on the builder moving on, the relationship, funding, sales, and even the European direction at the time campag etc..., But then from one model to a range of bikes in one year from a standing start in a bitterly fierce market being dominated by Heavily marketed American product and Far east Imports bearing British handbuilt decals couldn't have made it any easier to be fair.

Giom6":2vafheua said:
sinnerman":2vafheua said:

Probably wouldn't suit my complexion mate :)

I do in deed remember the name. Can't say I ever bought anything.

How bad was the rust spots on it mate? Everything seems to have cleaned up pretty nice - those wheels look like they haven't been used...

I took my time as you know, Full degrease with G101, Dryed, then very carefully with a TFR product, has brought it up far far better than I first thought, using the TFR was a great help, then T-cut and a careful Polish.

My guess it was used a handful of times, then put away for 20 years in the dirty state it was left in. I machine polished the seatpost, leather cared the saddle, re-polished the shifters, degreased and re greased everything, striped the tyres cleaned, dressed the sidewalls and then treated with Highstyle product. I need a rear gear cable, and cable tidy and the chain and sprockets ought to be addressed a little better, and im missing a dust cap, and I will refinish the shifters and pedal centres. the toeclips and straps are in good order, and im desperately looking for an original chrome chainstay protector, like the ones used on high end road bikes BITD. Some very subtle chainslap marks on the chainstay, that ill treat before using the chainstay protector.

Re:

Great looking bikes these I am looking forward to seeing one or two at Warwick if you need to replace anything G will put you in touch with Kevin.

Back