Specialized Ground Control FSR Comp

well they got back to me pretty swiftly, asking me to give them a call.
gave them a call back, they took the required measurement and are knocking me up the correct sizes. (no idea how long it'll take 'em, not too long i should imagine)

let you know how things go when they arrive, shouldn't imagine any issues with mounting as all the shock measurements of the FOX are smaller than those of the Rockshox, not to mention the FOX shock is a fair bit slimmer that the coil Rockshox.

:D

pretty speedy service from the guys at TFTuned considering they had to machine my kits up for me, mounting kit's arrived in the post this morning.

spent an hour or so removing the old bushings (this was a right mare of a job without a vice), replacing with new and then re-mounting the shock.

only one slight issue, and it is very slight the valve stem does touch the frame, but litterally it does just touch there is no pressure on the valve stem its self.

£36 for the shock.
£38 for the mounting kits.
£74 total which ain't at all bad to update the rear end.

33ndcg7.jpg

1zd7up.jpg

The guys at TFT are great, I've had brilliant service from them in the past too.

Your FSR will be great with a modern shock. £70-odd isn't bad for the shock upgrade either. Money well spent :)

tenfoot":3cg3x5mn said:
Been away from this thread for a while.

Does the fox shock make a big difference?

like you would not believe, it's so much plusher now.
soaks up the rough stuff so much better now, and doesn't bounce me off the saddle anymore thanks to having better rebound adjusterbility.

worth every penny of the upgrade :D

Sorry to rekindle an old topic but I am in the process of upgrading the shock on my fsr enduro (which is the same blue colour as your GC). It's VERY simlar to the ground control comp but has symmetrical chainstays. I do have the original rs deluxe coil over shock but I didnt like the rebound and it has no adjustment. I had been running a fox vanilla float but its started losing air and needs a full service as the damping side has lost some oil too and I'm not sure its worth it if I can pick up a newer shock for a little more. I've just picked up a yellow GC frame like the original posters off fleaBay for 60 quid too and that has some anonymous shock so I'm hunting for a shock for that too! My question... what is the outside diameter of the fatter part of the fox float r shock you fitted please? What other shocks did you try that didn't fit?

Fitting kits are not a problem as I can machine aluminium at work and I have successfully made them before but I don't want to he a shock that doesn't fit.
Regards, Jet

Re:

I just fitted a Monarch R to my FSR GC extreme, its tight at the top end, with the rebound adjuster just touching the top of the frame in the between the gussets.
However, it does seem to fit.

I think higher spec monarchs would struggle with the extra gubbins at the top end.

I used 12.7mm guage 31.75mm width for top (had to take 1.75mm off the width) and 6mm bolt size. Waiting on the 12.7mm 40mm 6mm for the bottom end, but it all lines up fine!

Oops, thread revival! But the info might be usefull to others. :)

This thread refuses to die!

This was on fleabay for 180 so put it on watch, very quickly got sent an offer of 120, couldn't resist despite the other Stumpy FSR in storage for a future project. She must be worth twice the 180 at least.

Can anyone tell the year and what's original please? Back wheel seems to have been swapped (for a Paralax, YAY!) but can't find the same spec anywhere online without year.

Very much looking forward to a spin on her, the other one was awesome until the forks went clunk.

s-l500.jpg

Back