Wilier Pro Race 2004? Scandium

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi, been away from the fold for a while riding new bikes and stuff but picked this up for a song and thought you'd enjoy seeing the restoration.
2004 I think, Easton Scandium with a carbon fork.
Wilier Pro Race frame, going to do it as a winter bike and am probably going to go 11 speed Campagnolo to keep the wheels compatible with my 11 speed Ultegra road bike, but have not decided yet.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,675
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,675
I just noticed that if it is a 2004 (please correct me if I am wrong) that my 'old' bike would have been a new bike when I joined RB!

Re:

Will be watching this with interest as I really like Wilier and think this could look very nice with the right build bits.

Good luck

Re:

Have never been to sure on how old something has to be before its retro.
I guess if its older technology thats not being used now its retro.
A great looking frame anyway,a customer of ours had a Scandium DeRosa that I wanted him to trade in so I could get it !!!

Re: Re:

jm":28jk8wka said:
Have never been to sure on how old something has to be before its retro.
!!

I think 'Retro' is when the item that replaced it is worth less.
So given that Shimano 6400 Ultegra is fetching more than 6600 Ultegra, then it is truly retro rather than just old.

Not much to show but have some progress.
The frame was stripped of parts and I managed to get the head tube badge off in one peice.
It is now with Argos in Bristol for a shiny coat of Cobalt Blue enamel.
Wilier decals have arrived from Australia and Italy, I am using a mix of very retro 60's type face and contempary as the early 2000's Wiliers seem to be very variable in this area.
I have almost settled on using Shimano 6600 Ultegra, my current carbon Wilier runs 6800 Ultegra, and my old Dyna Tech runs 6400 Ultegra so it seemed right.

Not retro, but going on anyway are the FSA Gossamer brakes and chainset removed from my Carbon Wilier.

Won the shifters and mechs I wanted on ebay, so it is going to be a Ultegra 6600 build.

Now just waiting for the bike to return from paint! :-D

Still waiting to get the frame back from paint, have got some lovely 6600 bits and some Wilier branded FSA bars to fit too.
Can't wait to get building now!

Re:

Finished!

Took a while after Argos finished it for me to get back from sea & build it.
Ultegra 6600
Mavic Aksium wheels
Wilier branded FSA Gossamer brakes, cranks, stem & bars.

Back