Another newbie saying hi

Matt@velochic

Dirt Disciple
Just though it would be polite to say hi before bombarding you guys with annoying questions.
I've been building VW show cars for the last 15 years but have always had an interest in bikes. I raced downhill just as a hobbie in the late 80's and early 90's but never really had any road bikes.
Well now I have decided to start buying and completely rebuilding vintage road bikes in my spare time and have a nice workshop with a lovely new spray booth really helps.
So far I have built a 1977 Dawes galaxy and a 1950's Dawes windrush and have a few early 80's raleighs to do next.
Anyway, hi everyone.

Re:

Welcome!We might be asking you questions as you seem to be doing quite a bit on the bike resto front.

Thanks, yes hopefully I can help once I've learned a bit more.
Once I've worked out how to downsize photos I have two frames I need help with.
One is a Worksop built Dec 1980 team ti (red with black and yellow) it has a few bits that I haven't seen on any others and I have a REW Renolds frame and forks that I just can't date and this has lugs and BB cable rollers that I haven't seen on any other REW photos.

They both look brilliant mate, a really high standard.

Would love to see the Falaxy with some tires just to finish it off.

Well done!

Re:

Thanks, it's all done now.
I took it to work and left in reception and somebody came in and ended up putting a deposit on it and is collecting it this week.
It wasn't even for sale.
I'll get some photos before it goes.

Nice work, Matt :)

I have only just been bitten by the Retrobike bug myself - I missed the bike scene BITD because as a 15 year I was buying Volksworld! Have swapped my yearning of a Vee-Dub for that of bikes. It's a great scene - some generous and knowledgable people on this site :)

Back