GT XCR idrive thread - owners bikes and tech support

Blackstar":352a6pty said:
Like the idea. Might be tricky..

Nearly built an STS XCR, but the seat pipe snapping was a concern.

Was considering making a custom seat piece. Ended up parting it out.

I would have one seatpost holder to sell, size M.
PM if interested...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Good morning I have just joined the XCR / Idrive club having bought a XCR 4000.

Unfortunately it has a rough bb and of course the drive side threads are seized. The whole assembly has been removed and the threads are soaking in Wurth Rostoff.

I am a bit wary of applying significant pressure on the BB when fitted as all the force seems to be transmitted to the relatively small dogbone bolts.

What's the best way to proceed please?

Re: GT XCR 4000

i have a GT XCR 4000 and i need a new back triangle swing arm cause mine cracked...where can i get one in the States? i really like this bike and its kinda a project of mine and i dont wanna get rid of it...found another XCR 4000 for sale and its in bad condition but they dont wanna part with it for cheap and i just want the swing arm off it. Just wanna know if i can get this part before i end up buying this other bike just for the part.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back