Rocky Mountain - Altitude 1991 - Up and running and changing still...

gump":2cyvxfaz said:
scant":2cyvxfaz said:
the granny ring is SR sakae. thats got potential to be a real nice build. keep the component parts to silver & black

No way, some choice red works a treat on this colour way if you are careful. But make sure stem/post/bars are black. I am only thinking cranks/bolts/pulleys etc in red. ;)

if you wanna build BOTM maybe ;) if you want class keep the colours down, original MBA test style ;)

scant":1wmmnk1o said:
gump":1wmmnk1o said:
scant":1wmmnk1o said:
the granny ring is SR sakae. thats got potential to be a real nice build. keep the component parts to silver & black

No way, some choice red works a treat on this colour way if you are careful. But make sure stem/post/bars are black. I am only thinking cranks/bolts/pulleys etc in red. ;)

if you wanna build BOTM maybe ;) if you want class keep the colours down, original MBA test style ;)

If your building a BOTM, you would not start with a RM! :LOL:
Red bolts and details fine, but black rings etc as I said. Must not go ano crazy for sure. Subtle is key here.

neilll":3k2llsvq said:
gump":3k2llsvq said:
If your building a BOTM, you would not start with a RM!

Traitor ;) :p

Fact! :LOL:

Not enough love, as those who never tried, never knew.... I like to keep it that way :cool:
It is clear those who do...

sorry for thread hijack :oops:

Well the red is already on there from before , I actually prefer the stem and seat post silver. Not too fond of the I-Beam stem though and the post could do with being a syncros again (it's a copt Kally one I think but still just as retro in age :)).
Bars are staying black and need new ones's as they've been choped 3 or 4 time as the barend that where fitted damage it. No space for bar ends now.

I also like my big red top ring so it's not going to go anywhere ;)

Given it's never been as it was in the catalouge (well maybe when the RM team had it, as that's where it's suppose to have come from)

Headset is silver as well (with a hint of red and yellow). Black rings on a XTR chainset ?

If it was going to be as in the catalouge, I would need to keep the gripshift :shock:

Couldn't care about BOtM as well I'm going to be riding it unlike a lot that seem to be in there :p

... at least there's no purple ano stuff :roll:

typing fast as I really should be going back to work.

Bike is now in pieces in a box, just the BB to come out, though tempted to leave it there are it's still working perfectly.

Though it will need to if I put a '08 LX groupset on while I refurb all the old parts. May need a new XTR M900 rear mech (or the newer one with the modified internal spring that came in both sizes) as the large Titanium frame bolt (forget the correct term) bolt is seized and so doesn't move :s
May be able to fix it but noticed play in the front plate hinges.

Mavic headet is in perfect condition wrt bearing :D

Should be getting the fork brace resprayed using a proper undercoat thing.

FluffyChicken":1qeynid2 said:
Side note, I have Onza Ti pedals on it. I remember the SPD cleats would work with them (sort of). What can I use now ?

I have Onza pedals too and they are not spd compatible, they need Onza cleats...

Bye

Hello mate

Great to see another Rocky on the site

As Gump says:

Not enough love, as those who never tried, never knew.... I like to keep it that way Cool
It is clear those who do...

We're a select group – but there's always room for one more :D

As for your cleats, try Jeff at http://www.firstflightbikes.com/cranks-p.htm

I was lucky enough to have asked the same question and got an offer of some NOS cleats before Jeff saw the thread, but he followed up with an offer too. Sure he'll have some. (and new cleats make the world of difference) For info: Supercycles.co.uk have all the other spares for HOs you might need, except the cleats.

A word of advice too. If you're intending a complete respray, go at your frame with a camera and photograph every inch. You'll thank me when you've got a stack of stickers in your hand and a shiny frame, but no reference as to where the stickers go.
:LOL:

I'll ride it first, then think about a frame respray job.
Can you still get Dupont "Imron" powder coating ?

I actually may have a page where this (maybe not the exact one ;)) was reviewed in it original form. Chances of finding it are romote though.

Some of my questions I ask really should be in the FAQ's like what cables, grease, where to get xx cleats from.. Part for this that the other.
Could save people a lot of time

I know there are some 'lines' on the pedal axles (well they are Ti) but they seem to run fine. Play has appeared in one of them so bearings may be needed as well.

I've also realised why I have a Sake granny ring.
So I could run a 24/36/48 ring setup. (may favourite at the time).
I also seem to have very little clearance between the rings and the frame. I do remember something about getting the shortest BB I could at the time... to save a little weight :)

Back