Raleigh Kalahari - my new project

StNige":1ehdpr42 said:
I have a Kalahari (bought new for £300 in summer 93). It has the Girvin flex-stem and Exage brakes / gear train... totally stock and still on the original tyres.

I always found it to be ok to ride with a nice gear change. Thought about getting rid of it a few times and buying something newer to get back into cycling... or maybe keeping it and adding suspension forks.

If you are bored and have some time on your hands, some photos would be super :cool:

widowmaker":2t09aoan said:
beechdaleboy":2t09aoan said:
i think it takes a 27.0 seatpost

Thanks for that :D

If that is the case, I have a pretty damn good condition (if a little heavy) SR 27.0 seatpost that came out of my 1991 Raleigh Moonshine you can have for postage cost. I would have thought this could have been stock for yours too?

Let me know.

Cheers...Nick

Crantinope":1in766sl said:
widowmaker":1in766sl said:
beechdaleboy":1in766sl said:
i think it takes a 27.0 seatpost

Thanks for that :D

If that is the case, I have a pretty damn good condition (if a little heavy) SR 27.0 seatpost that came out of my 1991 Raleigh Moonshine you can have for postage cost. I would have thought this could have been stock for yours too?

Let me know.

Cheers...Nick

PM sent :D

widowmaker":34fusd7x said:
StNige":34fusd7x said:
I have a Kalahari (bought new for £300 in summer 93). It has the Girvin flex-stem and Exage brakes / gear train... totally stock and still on the original tyres.

I always found it to be ok to ride with a nice gear change. Thought about getting rid of it a few times and buying something newer to get back into cycling... or maybe keeping it and adding suspension forks.

If you are bored and have some time on your hands, some photos would be super :cool:

Yep no problem... I'll get some pics uploaded sometime in the next couple of days

StNige":3kbjjfu1 said:
widowmaker":3kbjjfu1 said:
StNige":3kbjjfu1 said:

Yep no problem... I'll get some pics uploaded sometime in the next couple of days

Thanks chap :D

I have not seen any pictures of one.
I want to keep it looking pretty original with a little splash of modern and a tab of colour :p

widowmaker":26jswvtp said:
StNige":26jswvtp said:
widowmaker":26jswvtp said:
StNige":26jswvtp said:

Thanks chap :D

I have not seen any pictures of one.
I want to keep it looking pretty original with a little splash of modern and a tab of colour :p
Righto... I understand. I'll take quite a few and close ups for details. If there's any specific parts you want pics / details of please just say

Nige

Re:

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but i too have aquired a Raleigh Kalahari. The gears set is an Altus C10 but it is unresponsive and dodgy, is there anything I can do about this?

Re: Re:

Tolt10":1t1ij3f7 said:
Sorry to dig up an old topic, but i too have aquired a Raleigh Kalahari. The gears set is an Altus C10 but it is unresponsive and dodgy, is there anything I can do about this?

Could it be the cables? Are the cable outers 'gear cable outers' as opposed to 'brake cable outers'. If you use the wrong ones it can make a huge difference and result in unresponsive spongey gear changes.

Back