Any GT Cyclone/Psyclone out there? Serial numbers wanted!

Re: Any GT Cyclone/Psyclone out there? Serial numbers wanted

Last weekend my friend Ryan picked up this red GT Psyclone, to bad, like our other Psyclone...no serial! :(

Irvin

Attachments

• GT Bicycles Psyclone.png
    GT Bicycles Psyclone.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 716
Re: Any GT Cyclone/Psyclone out there? Serial numbers wanted

Rahbari":2a5zkkwv said:
Any new Cyclones/Psyclones with serial numbers around?

I can add to the list of Psyclones without serial numbers.

Paint looks original to me, though I can not prove it. It is quite thin and very even and no sign of a number.

Steven

Attachments

• psyclone 12 web.jpg
    psyclone 12 web.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 682
  • psyclone 13 web.jpg
    psyclone 13 web.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 682
Re:

Hi. Where did you find 98 po69? I bought that frame new many years ago and sold it for stupid reasons. I would love to know where its life has taken it and if I could see it.....buy It? Thanks for any info.
-geoff

The 93 I just got has AVR Ultra II?

11312741_102043526926ybstp.jpg

Interesting indeed. Although the Psyclones were hand made and so maybe they played around with different tubesets?

Re:

Hello everyone,

Like an idiot, when I submitted my Cyclone (20", red, U-brake) for warranty (crack more than paint deep across one of the fillet-brazed joints) back in 1993, I didn't ask for it to be repaired and repainted in Longmont, and accepted credit towards a new frame (RTS-1, d'oh!).

I remember the serial number as GTL 0016, not GTL 9116, as the other serial numbers would suggest is correct. Perhaps it was a pre-production frame, or perhaps I am just getting old.

Anyway, while I would love to think that someone saved it from the scrap heap at Riteway East, and that one of those two serial numbers will eventually end up here, I suspect that we'll never know. It would be interesting to learn of another "00" serial number for early Cyclones.

Cheers,
The Kid

Back