PACE RC100.- Finished with high res pics on page 9

Dr S":3u7nfdqn said:
Also need a supplier of flouro paint for the stem and cranks (which will get a clear powder finish over the top for wear resistance)

si

Stick a strip of 'copter tape on the crank as well, served me well when I had a set a decade ago!

A little progress update. I have spent most of the last few days taking pictures, listing, packaging and posting off all my goodies- quite depressing so needed a bit of a lift and had an hour on the Pace.

Got the cranks in- just awaiting Gil's return to get some decals then its on with the helicopter tape.

Axle machined down to fit the 22mm bearings, new bearings pressed on to the re-finished cranks. I had the paint on the forks matched and painted them, first with an acid etch primer then a coat of white hi-build. Next went the flouro yellow and then finished with a clear powdercoat for toughness.

Now fitted into frame using homemade puller. I've put a silver Middleburn middle ring on for now until a 35T Pace turns up.

I need to find some cable hose clips now so I can trail fit the brakes, then its a blast around the Farm before stripping it all back down for Paint.

2802629579_0e681d95b3.jpg

2802629585_576a4f5709.jpg

Feel much better for a little therapy in these dark sell off days ;)

RC100

Looks great,cant wait to see it finished,and i am not in the least bit envious!!Hope it's going to be a rider. :D :D

Re: RC100

MRGRUMPY":15ibpo3e said:
Looks great,cant wait to see it finished,and i am not in the least bit envious!!Hope it's going to be a rider. :D :D

It sure will be. I'm going to have some new wheels built for the NOS tyres for when it's in garage queen mode and put some used amberwall conti's on the rims currently fitted for when I use it. I don't like using new parts as there is only so many left and we'll be buggered when they have all gone!

I'm hoping to find time next week to paint the frame- can't wait

The baton's been handed over and you're doing a great job Si, as everyone else says, looking forward to the progess of this one...

Keep up the great work!!!

Rich

Just for reference...

As I was in SF I gave the bearing comany a ring regarding the BB bearings

I was told "they never bothered stocking them" I was hoping, as I was here I "could get a few spares" looks like that idea is out the window...

Looks like the reduction of spindle width might be the way to go in the future

....Sorry, the "Fat tire Trippel" is taking over

gil_m":17aiuyma said:
Just for reference...

As I was in SF I gave the bearing comany a ring regarding the BB bearings

I was told "they never bothered stocking them" I was hoping, as I was here I "could get a few spares" looks like that idea is out the window...

Looks like the reduction of spindle width might be the way to go in the future

....Sorry, the "Fat tire Trippel" is taking over

I tried SKF too and they don't have them in stock- they are special order and cost a packet.
turning down the axle is the way forward- takes ten minutes on the lathe- and taking off a fraction does not compromise the strength at all. 22mm bearings are just £7.50 each and at that price you can replace them once a year.
As I mentioned in another thread I'm happy to do the machining and supply the bearings at cost plus postage.

Good to see you are back Gil- I need a set of decals for the RC doing although I guess you have a mountain of orders awaiting your attention. (by the way, you forgot to bill me for the last batch- C'dale, AMP etc)

Much quieter week next week so hoping to put some paint on the frame- exciting!!

Si

I'm pleased you're going with the "boring" ( :shock: ) madison build. That for me is the ultimate pace and I can't wait to see it. Were they all XC pro kitted?

Were they painted / enamelled originally or powdered?

I always thought the yellow was "flat", but I was stripping my black Bullseyes the other week and when I removed the spider there was still traces of a retina burning yellow that had a metalic hint to it.

I wish I had the skills and equipment you guys have when it comes to machining a bit here or fabrication.

Back